Dinner

Dereks POV:
I've been thinking about what caitlyn told me, all day. Meredith did actually want to go with out with me. I was still very shocked that she has a daughter, anyway I'm going to ask her out again I just need to find her.

Merediths POV:
It was 6 o'clock so me and caitlyn were going go home and get ready for dinner with Lexie. I didn't want to ever have to speak to her outside of work, but if it's for caitlyn I'll do it. I was waiting in the lobby for caitlyn who had just gone to the toilet when Derek approached me.

"Hey" he said. He looked nervous.

"Hi"

"So caitlyn told me something" he told me with a smirk on his face.

"Oh god, what did she say?" I asked nervous.

"She told me that you made a promise to her saying that if I ask you out again, you need to say yes"

"Im going to kill her" my face went red.

"Is it true?" He asked still with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah it is" I gave him a small smile.

"Well then, will you go out with me?" He gave me his mcdreamy smile.

"Yes, I'll go out with you" I gave a him a smile.

"Ok good" he had the biggest smile on his face as he walked away.

I noticed caitlyn was walking up to me now smiling.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

She nodded and we headed to the car arms linked. On the very short drive home I told her what derek had said and asked, she was so happy for me.

When we got in caitlyn went straight upstairs to start getting ready. She came down looking beautiful. We had on simple outfits as we weren't going anywhere fancy.

"I'm nervous" caitlyn tells me.

"Me too" I replied.

We walked back out to the car and drove to the hospital. When we walked in mark came up to me.

"So now there's big grey, little grey and mini grey" he said laughing. "Hi I'm mark Sloan" he put his hand out for caitlyn to shake.

"Caitlyn" she said putting her hand out and shaking it.

"So big grey I heard your going on a date with Derek"

"Yeah I am" I blush a little.

"Mom your blushing" caitlyn said laughing.

Lexie walked up to us. For the first time ever I was happy to see her, hoping she would get me out of this conversation.

"Hey" she said

"Oh look all the greys together" mark was hysterical. I don't know why he found it so funny.

"Mark" Derek hit him. I didn't even notice him coming up to us.

"You all look lovely" he said giving us a small smile.

"Thank you" me and derek just stare at each other for a while.

"Ok mom, stop eye flirting with Derek" caitlyn rolled her eyes, grabbed my arm and dragged me outside with Lexie following us.

I got in the front with Lexie and caitlyn sat in the back. We drove in an awkward silence.

At the restaurant- Caitlyn's POV:
I was determined to get my mom and Lexie close, or at least on a talking level. The car ride was so awkward we just drove in silence.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. My mom had booked a reservation earlier, she told the waiter the name and she took us to our table.

We sat in silence for a while until I decided it was enough.

"Right no this isn't happening" I said.

"What? They both said at the same time. They looked at each other.

"The sitting in silence. We are going to talk and get to know each other. I don't care what you say mom we are family, she is your sister and my aunt. We. Are. Talking." I said very seriously looking between them.

"Look Lexie, I don't hate you but, I see you as the daddy snatcher. My dad left me for you. They guy you know as dad is not the same guy I knew as dad. We aren't sisters, we might have the same blood but we aren't sisters. But" my mom said but I cut her off.

"MOM, she is your sister" I said mad.

"BUT I'm willing to get to know you and see if we can become sisterish" she finished.

"Oh" I say. I didn't expect her to say that when I interrupted her.

"I'm so sorry you see me that way Meredith. All I've wanted since I found out I had a big sister was to meet her and become her best friend. I really want to get to know you and become sisterish" Lexie replied to my mom with a massive smile on her face.

Good I had gotten them to agree to get to know each other. We ordered our food, I got a cheese pizza, my mom got steak and Lexie got a cheese burger and fries.

"So Lexie, you like mark" I say trying to start a conversation. She choked on her fries.

"What?" She said drinking her water to try stop the coughing.

"I saw they way you were looking at him when he was talking to us" I say smiling.

"I do-I do not like mark Sloan. He's like a man whore, always has been, always will be" she was clearly a bad liar.

My mom started laughing "omg, you like mark Sloan"

Lexies face went red.

"Look I'm about to start dating derek, he's marks best friend. I can put in a good word for you if you want. You know put the idea of you in marks head. I'm also friends with Callie, another one of marks close friends I can mention it to her too" my mom said.

I was happy my mom was willing to do something for Lexie. I means she was really opening up to the idea of Lexie being her sister.

The rest of the night we just got to know each other, you know the boring stuff. We finished our food, payed and got back in the car.

"Where am I dropping you off Lexie? My mom asked.

"My cars at the hospital, so the hospital I guess"

My mom just nodded. We arrived at the hospital and said our goodbyes. My mom got out the car.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused.

"I need to check up on some of my patients. You coming?" She replied.

I got out the car want walked in the hospital with her.

"So did you enjoy yourself?" I asked her.

"I did actually, she's better than I thought she would be" my mom was smiling.

She checked up on her patients and we went home.

I don't know what to do for then next chapter. I was going to do derek and Merediths date but I want to do something in between it. Also sorry this chapter kinda sucked.