Therapy

Caitlyns POV:
I woke up the next morning to my alarm blaring in my ear. I rolled over and shut it off, I put on a pair of socks and a hoodie and stumbled downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning" I mumbled as I came down the stairs.

"Your not going to school today" Derek said.

"What why?" I asked confused.

"Come sit" my mom said patting a spot on the coach next to her.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We called Dr Wyatt" Derek said.

"Who's that?"

"The hospitals therapist" he replied.

"Ok what does that have to do with me and me not going to school?"

"Your going to see her today" my mom told me.

"What, no why?"

"We think your depressed" Derek said grabbing my hand.

"Both if you?" I asked pulling my hand away.

"Yes" the replied at the same time.

"I'm not depressed, Why do you think that?"

"You said yesterday you don't see the point anymore"

"That doesn't mean anything"

"Caitlyn you are going to see her" mom said.

"I'll just leave" I said crossing me arms.

"Then I will walk you to her office and stand out there the whole hour to make sure you don't leave" Derek said.

"You can't make me go" I protested.

"We're your parents, we can. Now go get ready your appointments at 9"

"Ugh" I moaned storming upstairs. I jumped in the shower and got ready.

I walked downstairs at 8:30 and Derek asked if I was ready, I nodded my head and walked out to his car and sat in the back seat.

"Why are you sitting back there?" He asked.

"So I don't need to look at you" I scoffed.

He chuckled slightly "we're only trying to help caitlyn"

"I don't need help" I mumbled.

We arrived at the hospital a little early "do you want to get a coffee?" Derek asked.

I said yeah since I hadn't eaten yet today. We walked to the coffee cart and ordered our usual and walked to Dr Wyatts office while we drank it. As we were walking we bumped into a few people and they all asked the same question "Dr shepherd what are you doing here" Derek made up a ridiculous lie because he didn't want people to know I was here for Dr Wyatt.

We knocked on her door when we arrived at her office and she shouted "come in"

We walked in together and I sat on the coach opposite her chair "hi caitlyn, it's nice to meet you" Dr wyatt said shaking my hand.

"Yeah you too" I said trying to be polite.

She turned to Derek. "Dr shepherd are you joining us?" She asked.

"Erm no I'm only making sure she was actually going to come"

"You didn't want to come?" She asked turning to me.

I shook my head.

She turned back to Derek "you can stay if you want, sometimes it's better to have a family member in the room"

Derek turned to me "do you want me to stay?"

I shook my head again.

"Ok I'll see you after, I'll be in attendings lounge"

I nodded as he left the room.

"So caitlyn, why did you not want to come today?"

"I don't need help, my parents think I'm depressed but I'm not"

"Why do they think this?"

"Well the last couple months have been rough and I said something last night and now they think I'm depressed" I explained.

"What did you say last night?"

"I said 'I don't see the point anymore'"

"See the point in what?"

"Trying or living I don't really know to be honest" I said looking at my hands.

"What about the last couple months has been rough?"

"Well I'm in senior year so you know it's stressful, but on my first day I got suspended for calling my principal an idiot. And I got into a massive fight with my mom and moved in with my aunt for a week, I fell out with my best friends we still don't talk, I got new friends and started drinking and doing weed" I told her as she started writing notes.

"Do you feel like you started drinking and smoking to get rid of any pain?"

"I'm not sure, it's just kinda fun but it did take the stress away"

"Ok, I think we're done for today"

"Already, it hasn't been an hour though" I said shocked.

"Well I think I know enough for right now, my first session I like to get to know my patients a little before we properly start. I would like to see you again"

"ok" I agreed.

"Once a week, Monday 4 o'clock work for you?" She asked.

"Yeah ok, I'll see you next week"

"I'll see you next week" she said as I walked out and up to the attendings lounge. 

I walked in and Derek was sitting on the couch "it hasn't been an hour" Derek said not looking up from his book.

"Well we finished early. I'm seeing her every Monday at 4"

That clearly got his attention, he look up from his book and smiled "really?"

"Yes really"

He stood up and hugged me "I'm proud of you"

"Why, all I did was agree to go to therapy"

"Yeah but it takes a lot to agree to it"

"Whatever can we go to lunch?" I asked.

"It's a bit early, it's not even 10" he replied.

"Well brunch, I haven't eaten today yet"

"Sure, let's go. So are you going to school tomorrow?" He asked as we walked back to the car.

"I don't know, I don't exactly have friends right now" I sighed.

"You can stay off if you want, as long as you can catch up on work" he told he.

"No I'll go in. I'm going to try and talk to Katie and Hannah"

"Ok" he said pulling me into a side hug and kissing the top of my head.

I kinda hate this chapter, I just feel like it's to much talking. And I don't really know what to write about anymore, so I'll probably end this story very soon.