PART 2 CH. 1) Gears Moving

The Heavens.

A land full of light and pure essence. A certain angel passed through a wide-open gate. He flew over to a bench nearby and melted down on the marble bench.

"Ugh..." he said while cracking his back, "man, that was a long session."

Another angel flew over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Zephael, are you skipping out again on your work?" the angel asked.

He jumped and hit his head on the back.

"Ou... oh my..." Zephael said as he rubbed the back of his head, "Michael, can you not scare me like that...?"

"So you aren't doing your work, ey?" the archangel asked.

"No! I had to deal with this old man for an entire day. Jes-" he stopped and covered his mouth.

Oop, I can't say that word.

Michael shook his head and warned Zephael.

"Buddy, you better keep the commandments if you don't wanna fall like some other angels," he repeatedly stuck Zephael's head.

"Yeah, yeah," he looked away from Michael.

Michael sat down next to Zephael and looked up to the light above.

"You remember that one kid you picked up?" Michael turned toward Zephael.

"Um, that Asian kid? Seo-jun, was it...? What about him?" he tilted his head.

"Zephael... are you even taking care of him?" he asked while shaking his head.

"Urm... I got some prayer channels like a few weeks ago and... oh," he looked through the list on his hand again, "now... huh."

Michael gave him a facepalm of sheer disappointment.

"You better check on him before he gets sent back here," he said, pointing at Zephael.

As he skimmed through the list, the weight of the situation began to sink in.

He stood up from the bench and spread his wings once again.

"I'll talk to you later. It seems like I got some work to do," he said as he lifted up in the air.

Like a bullet, he cut through the air in super speed and faded away from Michael's sight.

That idiot...

The scream of a certain girl echoed in his head. He reached his hand out to get to her, yet she went farther away from him the closer she got.

No, don't go! Eri!

He opened his eyes. He was in a moving wagon with three other men in binds. The man on the right tried to get his attention.

"Hey, you. You're finally awake," he put some pause in between, "You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there," a man sitting across me said.

Still confused and dazed by what is going on, he couldn't respond nor comment.

"Damn you, Stormmantles. Skyrealm was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could've stolen that horse and been halfway to Hammerfell. You there. You and me — we shouldn't be here. It's these Stormmantles the Empire wants," another man said.

What the fuck is happening.

Without warning, a tough chest pain suddenly began to attack him. It quickly went out of control when the pain was so great that he had trouble breathing.