Chapter 16 - Flag Trigger(er)

Eri and I left the Guildhall without accepting any quest. 

"Should we buy food for later?" - Seo-jun

"Yeah." - Eri

"What should we get?"

"Bread."

Oh for fuck sakes.

"Ok..."

But in the end, I thought bread was going to be easy to carry around. I just bought some with her. I later remembered to buy a water canteen. After buying everything we needed including a stack of torches, we finally got on our ways to Leyla Tunnel.

On the way to the tunnel, there was unbearable awkward silence between us. When we arrived, I only saw an entrance to a cave.

"This is the 'tunnel'?"

"Yeah."

"...Anyway, let's go in."

"Ok"

We lit a torch and walked inside. The "Tunnel" was pretty deep and continued downwards. After about fifteen minutes of walking, we came across a tall and wide-open area that we weren't able to see fully with a single torch. There was a convenient staircase to walk down. At the end of the stair, I saw bones. Not one or two, several thousand, millions even.

"Uhh, Eri, what the hell is this...?"

"Even if you ask me..."

I heard footsteps coming from the distance. We got in our combat stance. I saw two bright red eyes. 

A skeleton appeared with a sword and a shield. It had two glowing eyes and blue rock in its heart. Lights appeared from the ground and started assembling a new skeleton. We were right in the middle of their spawn point. Several of them were being assembled at once.

"Let's dip."

Eri was already dipping out. I threw a Fireball at one of them and they blocked it with a shield.
[ Mana: 45/60 ]

This ain't gonna be easy huh.

In a single filed line, they followed one by one. I waited until there was a decent amount of them passed through and I threw my second charge of Fireball at the ceiling around a narrow pass way, thinking it would close up. 
[ Mana: 31/60 ] *Passively regenerated +1 mana

The fireball exploded and closed the way. When I thought it was a success, the entire cave(tunnel) shook and I heard inner cave starting to collapse. Eri was freaking out.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

"Um, I'm doing the retard."

We ran and ran, but I felt the collapsing catching up to us. I saw the end, but we were not going to make it at that rate.

Shit, shit, shit, Ok, gotta do it.
時間加速(jikan kasoku)! <Time Acceleration>! - Self(target)

[ Insufficient Mana! ]
[ Mana required: 33 ]

FUCK, fuck, fuck.

[ Mana: 32

Eri was running out of her stamina. I was catching up to Eri slowly. We were definitely going to get crushed if we didn't do anything. 

I felt the rubble crashing down right behind me. Closer and even closer. 

I was about a meter away from being destroyed.

[ Mana: 33 ]

FUCK! FINALLY.

"ERI! JUMP!!!"