Chapter 17 - Ogre

I held on to Eri as tight as possible. Right before landing, I covered Eri with both of my arms and put my back against the ground. I used the last bit of mana and tried to prevent as much damage as possible. 

[ Mana: 23/627 ]

Magic Shield - Self, Magic Armor - Self!

I quickly threw the sword down to reduce mass and to put a bit of resistance to downward momentum.

When my body hit the floor, it felt like my bones were being obliterated. I opened my eyes and saw Eri safe, but my body was a mess. I was somehow still not dead, I couldn't tell how much health I had left.

"Seo-jun! Seo-jun! What, Oh god, what do I..."

"*cough* I'm fine... *cough x2*"

"Wha-"

"*cough* before anything, can you cast *cough* the strongest healing spell you have?"

"O.o ok,"

She chanted away and I laid there. I felt significantly less pain then what I thought I would feel. The light shining from above showed how the entire cave collapsed. 

[ Mana: 0/627 ] 

Welp, there goes all my mana, heh... *cough*

Eri finished chanting and casted Greater Healing spell on me. The healing was fairly quick. I still felt quite a bit of pain, but I was able to move around my body. 

"Thanks, Eri."

"Stay down, you're body can't heal up just with that."

"Don't worry *cough*."

"Shut up and stay still."

Eri healed me with every healing spell she had. She didn't look well.

"Are you Ok Eri?"

"Yeah, it's just-"

The shock wave coming from giant steps were back and that time, it shook the entire collapsed area. A giant monster peaked from the top and started climbing down and, 

It slipped and fell.

The monster landed on its side in the distance and quaked the entire pit. 

Eri was not herself and she seemed like using all her mana renders her unable to do anything. 

I stood up. 

"Seo-jun? We have to run!"

"To where..."

I walked up to my sword I threw down before and unsheathed it. 

"You're INSANE, THAT'S AN OGRE, YOU CAN'T DEFEAT IT."

"Yeah, isn't it a jackpot? heh."

"Wh-"

"JUST, sit tight, trust me."

The ogre recovered from the fall and stared right at us. It looked like what I imagined, a six-meter tall ogre with a club as a weapon, except...

Holy shit it's big.

I planned a strategy out in my head and started executing it. 

冒険者の意志! (Bōken-sha no ishi) <Adventurer's Will> 
[ Mana: 627/627 ]

My body fully recovered.

I ran around the ogre and drew its agro, pulling him away from Eri. After running around for a bit, I looked for a suitable spot for my plan. I lured the ogre nearby my execute zone and I got working.