Chapter 2 - Isekai

I opened my eyes.

"Unfamiliar ceiling..."

I looked around and found myself in an empty stable.

Where am I?

If I remember correctly... I supposedly was sent back from heaven...?

I was wearing my nice dress clothing.

The stable was filled with the rotting smell of horse crap.

*cough* *cough* I need to get out of here first.

The sound of flies flying around drove me insane.

I unlocked the gate and opened up the door.

"Ahh, my eyes *cough* *cough*" 

I covered my eyes and squinted out as I walked out of the stable.

Holy...

I stared out into the distance in awe.

Where. The hell. Am I?

From the stable, I was able to see plain on plains. It was one of those scenes found in movies or fantasy setting games.

A sound came out of my pocket. "*ding* Rerouting."

Wait, don't tell me... 

I reached into my pocket and my phone was still there. Thankfully I had a thick case on it so it wasn't destroyed when I was hit by the truck. The screen was full of spider webs(shattered) but the touchscreen was still functioning. I unlocked the phone and the GPS app was still open and was trying to find where I was and reroute the navigation.

I tapped on the current location and the GPS was unable to pick up where I was.

Is this somewhere out of the US or something?

My phone was about to die.

Shit, I gotta get most out of it before it dies...

There wasn't even a roaming signal displayed on my phone. 

My phone died.

I was completely lost. It was clearly not the United States or anywhere I've been to before. I did play some geoguessr so I had a couple of countries in mind.

Is this Sweden?

Nah, if it was anywhere on earth, the GPS would still pick up signals that I'm roaming.

What if I was not on Earth, but in a different world...

That was the first explanation I came up with instead of a logical and reasonable explanation.

I thought it was ridiculous and jokingly yelled, "Menu!"

Along with a bunch of system sound effects, a game menu popped up right in front of me.

My eyes were lit up and it kind of scared me.

Oh my...

My brain stopped working for a second. It took me quite long to recover. I faced reality and confirmed it.

I was in a different world,

an Isekai.

"Haha, Hahahaha, Of course, I got hit by a truck! What did I expect."

Everything was easy to take in after what I experienced. I settled down and started to think.

I guess I'll get right into investigating how the user interface works.

The game interface was in Japanese.

Woah, does this mean this world has people speaking Japanese and stuff?

I was getting pumped up even more.

The menu had all the tabs from most of the RPG games.

On the bottom right corner of the menu, there was a system clock.

16:30, of course, the Japanese interface and their damn 24-hour format.

I tapped on a bunch of the menus and messed around with them. The virtual interface had a feeling similar to one of a touchscreen.

The status tab had my status written in RPG standards. I only had my dead smartphone and my keys in my inventory while the equipment tab displayed everything I had on.

Ooo, skills, let's see if I have some...

It was clean empty. I had no skills, passive or active. As someone who's been watching Isekai Anime and read far too many Isekai manga, I had a high expectation of skills. I sighed with a huge disappointment.

I checked on the info tab.

[ Name: Seo-jun Kim, Class & Level: N/A 1, Race: Human, Background: N/A, Experience Points: 0/33...]

[...Gender: Male, Age: 19(Human), Size: Small...]

[...Height: 5 feet 8 inches, Weight: 160 pounds...]

hold up, why is the menu using inches and pounds? The menu is in Japanese!!! It doesn't make any damn sense for the menu NOT to be using the metric system.

Oh, there's a metric system button next to it, lol

"OK," I took a deep breath.

[...Height: 173.9999568cm, Weight: 72.5748kg...]

Nice. nice. What the fuq?

[...Alignment: N/A, Skin: Half Yellow...]

I- e-... um-

I kept on reading as if I didn't notice.

[...Eyes: Brown, Hair: Black...]

Straight off of D&D huh, alright done with that, now...

For the rest, there was standard RPG stuff. Party, Guild, Pet, Map, Quest, et cetera, et cetera. But the weirdest thing of all was that I couldn't find the Health bar or Mana bar anywhere. Many questions ran through my mind, but I pushed it aside.

Man, just playing with the menu alone is pretty entertaining.

I walked around nearby to see if I could salvage anything.