Chapter 31 - It's a Flag

This warmth... Oh...

Aw shit, here we go again.

When I opened my eyes, I was at the entrance of the central Arena by the side door. Eri was in the middle of casting a spell.

It seemed like Eri's healing magic was able to bring my consciousness back. 

Eri finished her magic on my torso. There were many holes and blood around where I was hit. She already seemed tired out from pouring all her mana on healing me.

I pulled myself up and sat down,

"Thanks, I think I'm good now."

"Don't! Do that! you might still have broken bones."

"Nah, I'm good. Anyway, what's going on now?"

"*sigh* Most of the people are being evacuated while Lightning Blade is fighting off the monster."

"How long was I out for?"

"I don't know... like five minutes?"

"Damn, ok."

I got up to take a little peek. The hero was slashing the monster at inhuman speed. I was barely able to see the blades. His rate of attack was increasing gradually every second. Even his blades were unable to cut through the tough spikes that covered the monster's body. 

There wasn't anything I could've done. I wanted to help if I could but with the amount of mana I had, that wasn't happening. 

"Eri, how much mana do you have left?"

"Drained, if I use anymore, I'll pass out."

"Thanks for the healing again, always in your debt," 

I gave her a nice smile. She blushed and waved it off. 

Back to the fight, with every swing the hero threw at the monster, arms became harder to see due to the acceleration. 

Does it have a cap? Or does his attack speed stack infinitely? That's just insane!?

When his arms became impossible to see with naked eyes, the sword finally started dealing serious blows to the monster. The spikes were getting chopped off one by one. Next, its limbs, and finally its head. With that amount of momentum, there wasn't anything that the blades couldn't slice. 

So that's what a rage blade without a 6 stack cap looks like. Holy shiet.

Deric came rushing in from the back.

"Seo-jun! I'm glad you're fine!"

"You too, anyway let's check on what's going on."

"You know it."

We walked out to the arena. Many were rushing out to the hero. He stood up and walked up to me. He patted me on my back,

"Heh, I knew you'd be fine."

"Hell, right."

I lightly punched him with a smile. The hero reached out his hand and introduced himself,

"I'm Jason Smith *pant* or the Lightning Blade as many call me and I'm a hero rank adventurer from Eman. *pant* *pant* Nice to meet ya. "

"I'm Seo-jun Kim and I'm just an adventurer. By the way you good man? You don't look so hot."

"*pant* Yeah *pant* just let me catch my breath."

Deric gestured one of the instructors to bring water to him. He glugged down the entire canteen and caught his breath.