Chapter 26 - Test

Several knocks on the door woke me up. 

"Good morning Mr. Kim. This is your wake up call. Your breakfast is ready, please come down anytime."

"Oh, thank you."

Damn what time is it?
[ 09 : 12 ]

Damn, I slept a lot. 

I got my light gears on and knocked on Eri's room.

"Are you up?"

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna eat now?"

"In a bit, yeah."

"Alright, I'll be down first."

I went back to my room and grabbed my small dagger just in case and went downstairs. William took me to the dining area.

The room I entered was a dining hall full of table sets and kitchen attached to it. It just felt like a hotel breakfast, a typical buffet. I sat down on the table closest to the kitchen and grabbed my food. Eri soon joined me while I was eating.

"Gud Morning."

"Morning."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah."

"Eat up! Today's going to be quite a busy day."

"Well, busy for you. I'm just going to be watching you."

"To be honest you can just do whatever you want. You don't have to tag along with me when I'm taking the test."

"What do I do by myself?"

"Okie dokies."

After we filled our bellies, we returned to our own rooms and got ready for the day. I knocked on Eri's door when I was done.

"Hey Eri, are you done?"

"Yeah, come in."

I came in and the room was a bit different than mine. For some reason, the ceiling felt lower.

"Alright, hand."

"Here!"

We did our usual cleaning magic. It became a routine after she showed me the magic. We headed out right after the magic was finished. William guided us to Deric's office. The outside was pretty hot and humid. 

Deric's office was smaller compared to his office in Lake Forest.

"Oh, it's that time already! Good morning both of you! Are you ready Seo-jun?"

"As ready as I think I am or I can be-I don't know."

"Well, now follow me."

What the hell is this, a fucking RPG delivery NPC following quest?

Deric led us to somewhere to the back of the building. Just when I thought we arrived somewhere, Deric walked out a door into a big park looking area. There were four paths and a center. One of the paths were leading to the Guild building and the others led to some other buildings.

We walked for another 15 minutes.

"We're almost there. You see that big arena looking place?"

"Oh, is that the testing place?"

"Indeed, and the test is held every weak. If you pass, you could officially be an S rank adventurer."

Eri commented,

"Though everyone in Lake Forest thinks you're an S rank."

"Yeah... for some reason all the people in the town thought I was an S or hero rank. Rumors are scary huh..."