Chapter 32 - It's a plot.

Thump!

Ah, finally back at the mansion. 

I dropped off my stuff in my room and went downstairs to get something to eat. Williams who always greeted me with a kind smile was not there. I tried looking for him, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

I went inside the dining area and find a lady working there,

"Umm, excuse me."

"Oh, may I help you?"

"Yea... I'm feeling a bit peckish. Is there anything I could snack on?"

"Of course! Please have a seat anywhere and I'll bring you some real quick."

"Thank you."

I sat by the window and looked out into the garden that's on the side of the mansion. The flowers were no different from ones back on Earth. The lady brought the snacks in a flash. She brought a cart full of expensive, airport souvenir looking snacks along with a bunch of drinks.

"Here you go. Please enjoy as much as you want," she gave me a gentle smile.

 "Thank you, would you like to join me?"

"I'm sorry but I still have kitchen works left to do."

"No, no, sorry for bothering you in the middle of it."

After some awkward converse, she went back into the kitchen and I dug into the pile of snacks.

There were a variety of types of cookies and some sort of browny looking stuff. There were a bunch of different types of teas and drinks as well. I grabbed one of the checker patterned cookies and took a bite. 

Holy shit,

This... this...

is a cookie.

It didn't taste extravagant or bad, it was a nice cookie. I had my hopes up a little bit. I personally didn't like drinking teas, so I just sufficed with water. 

My snack time didn't last long. Williams came through the front door as if he was in a hurry. I went and checked on him. 

"Sir Kim! Sir Kim!"

"Hai Kim desu."

"We must depart soon! You were summoned to the capital!"

"Quoi?(What)"

"i-it's a royal summon."

"Um... what is..."

"We need to get your stuff immediately. Please get everything you need."

"Wait, why was I summon to the capital? What's going on?"

"It was an emergency summon. We do not know the details, but we must get you there as fast as possible."

"What!? Ok just give me a second."

I dashed up there and mashed on Eri's door,

"Eri! Eri! Emergency!"

She opened up the door in a panic.

"What's going on?"

"I got summoned to the capital and I have to pack everything and get going apparently."

"..."

She was beyond the point of confusion.

"Anyway, you're coming along, right?"

"Uh... Sure?"

"Get your stuff ready, quick!"

"O-o k."

I let her get ready and got ready myself. 

What the hell. Just why the fuck. I was getting attached to this damn place and now I have to go somewhere AGAIN.

Williams knocked on my door,

"Sir, if you're ready, we gotta get going now."

"Ok, let me go grab Eri real quick."

I notified Eri that we have to go now and she came out of the room.

"Ok, I'm good."

"Great."

Williams led the way, "Please follow me."

There was a carriage waiting for us already outside.

"Where's Deric?"

"Sir Deric will be staying here for works."

"Ok... And how about you?"

"Unfortunately I have to stay here to serve."

"I see, I see..."

Why can't I just live in peace... Oh, wait I can't.

I put my bag on the back of the carriage and helped Eri with her baggage. We begin departing immediately.

"This is goodbye, Mr. Williams, thanks for everything."

"I was honored to have served you."

Eri also yelled out, "Thank you, Mr. Williams! Please tell the kitchen lady that her snacks were delicious!"

 He gently smiled and waved goodbye.

Oh shit, the Hero asked for me to come and talk to him... Welp whatever he'll probably ask Deric.

There was no escort this time, it was only me, Eri, and the driver. I scootched up to the front,

"Hello, Mr. Driver, when is it estimated that we arrive in the capital?"

"Within two or three days sir."

"I see, thank you. oh, and did we not get any escorts?"

"I was told that you were going to protect us in the time of trouble."

"...Is that so... Thank you,"

The driver tipped his hat.

"So what did he say?" asked Eri.

"He said it would take about two or three days."

"Ugh... ok."

"I'm terribly sorry for all of this."

"It's fine. I get to travel for free anyway."

"If you say so."

The small breeze coming from the window brought peace and tranquility to my heart. I drifted into sleep.