Chapter 5 - Inn

I saw a big town that you can see from a medieval age setting as Eri and I were approaching the destination. Thankfully nothing happened on the way to the town.

"Seems like that's the town we're looking for." 

"Yeah."

"Is it usually this peaceful around here?"

"Yeah pretty much, near the towns."

"What do you mean, by that?" 

"There are usually fewer monsters near towns." 

"Souka."  

"Hmm?"

"Anyway, do you know what city has the highest human population?"

"Uhh, as far as I know, I believe it is the city of Eman."

"Are there things such as nobility and status?" 

"Yeah, It's common throughout all races. Positions determine one's worth... or something like that."

We soon approached the front gate and there were two guardsmen.

"Halt! Are you two adventurers?" questioned guard #1.

"Yes sir," I answered.

Guard #2 gestured his hand to hand over something. I assumed he was gesturing for the guild handbook.

"Oh, yeah... I ran into some trouble on the way here as you can see...(pointing at my clothing) And I lost all my stuff. And this beautiful lady gave me a hand, right? Miss...crap, forgot her last name, Miss Eri?"

I gestured her to talk. She gave me the silent ok.

"What this man said pretty much sums up what happened."

"Man, you're the third one today... anyways," guard #2 mumbled.

"Where you from?" he interrogated.

"I'm from the city of Eman."

"Reason of travel?"

"Looking for jobs."

He asked more questions and wrote down a bunch of stuff and handed over a piece of paper.

"Alright, think of this as a temporary entry visa or permit. Make sure to get the handbook reissued or you'll face a lot of trouble kid, you're good to go." 

Guard #2 moved aside.

While this was taking place, Eri finished her confirmation with Guard #1 and was waiting for me.

"Thank you, sir! have a good night." I gave my farewell while walking through the gate.

He gave me the thumbs up and waved back at me.

There were medieval-style buildings lined up and a couple of people outside lighting up the mood.

Wow, this is medieval alright.

I faintly overheard a conversation in the distance,

"That's an Elf! A beautiful one at that. DAMN, that's a lucky kid."

"Shut up, Eric." 

Eri was either pretending to have not heard the conversation or just did not hear it. She was drawing attention from all over the place.

Damn, EVERYONE IS STARING.

"Uhh..." I wanted to comment on it but didn't.

"Did you say something?"

"Oh," I quickly made up a question, "How long are you planning to stay here?"

"I think I'll stay here for like 3 weeks. I heard Lake Forest had a lot of things to do, especially quests."

I refrained from asking why she was traveling and junk. I didn't want to pry into her life as well as I thought she'll eventually talk about it when she feels like it.

We arrived at the inn.

"Delshine's," Eri read.

The noises coming from the inn were fairly loud, but it sounded energetic and fun. I grabbed the sideway(up and down) door handle to enter the inn. It was exactly what I expected from an RPG fantasy inn, a tavern on the lower floor with an inn on the top floor.

There was an attendant working, running all over the place. She was quite a beautiful girl, she had the ideal tavern mascot outfit with long brown hair and above average bust size.

As soon as she got her hands free, she came over and greeted us,

"Welcome! What can I do for you two?"

"I would like two rooms for one night please," I responded.

"Alright, room for two... No two rooms. Alright please have a seat while I check you guys in," said the attendant as she walked back to the desk.

There were a bunch of tables setups and a bar stand with stools in front and people sitting on them. The candles lit up the floor with warm colors that kept your heart warm. The fireplace kept the first floor nice and warm while the entire place was filled with a nice and calming smell of beer that gave me a headache.

It seemed like dirty worn off clothes are pretty common for many of the people in the Tavern wore ripped up clothing.

Everyone in the tavern was shooting the jealous beam at me with deadly envy.

The attendant came back with a troubled face and said.

"We're terribly sorry, but there's only one room available as of now... fortunately, the room is for two people."

I faced Eri and gave her the 'what do I do' look.

"I guess it can't be helped," she sighed, then faced the attendant "that room please."

"Woah, Woah, are you okay with that?" I asked with a troubled face.

"No? But I promised to help you." She pouted.

I hope it doesn't turn out like Naofumi...

It was too good to be true, but I had no other choice.

I have nothing to lose anyway.

...

No, wait. My virgi-
as if that's gonna happen. A. Ha. Ha. Ha.

"Alright, if you're fine with it Eri."

"That would be 10 silver coins for one night," the attendant said.

Eri pulled out her wallet and gave the tenant 10 coins.

"Thank you. This way please," the attendant guided us to the room.

We walked upstairs and stopped by the third room on the right.

"This room over here, please come over to the front desk if you need anything. Have a good night!" she said.

Then she winked at me with a thumbs up.

Hmm, wait why did she...

HAHAHA, this sly son of a bitch. I like it.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Eri stopped and asked.

"Nah, I'm good. You go grab a bite, I'll just sleep first,"

"Alrighty, then goodnight," she said, then left to eat.

The room was fairly clean. Of course, I wouldn't compare to hotels in the modern standards since that's out of the question, but it was bearable.

To the floor I go~ I'm used to it anyway.

I grabbed one of the pillows off of the bed and threw it on the floor.

I lied down and opened up the menu. It was 19:34.

Man, I'm tired. I guess I'll investigate the game UI tomorrow, I'm way too worn out for this.

I passed out right after.