Chapter 14 - Feeling

"So, did you end up finding out you had a curse of some sort?"

"*sniff* yeah, *sniff* after deciding to become an adventurer, I got to see many people. One of them was a suspicious guy wearing a robe. I was waiting in line for something. He came over behind me and whispered to me that I had some interesting curse. After saying that he went in the midst of the crowd and disappeared."

"I see. You want me to ask God to undo the curse for you?"

She nodded.

So I did.

"I can't guarantee you that you will be healed."

"Ok..." 

I put my hands on her shoulders. 

"But don't worry, I'll do everything to lift the curse. I promise."

I gave her an assuring smile.

I reached out for a pinky finger promise, but she didn't know what to do with it so I pulled it back.

I cleared my throat.

"*ahem*, Anyway. You-"

Eri tugged on my arm and held my hand.

"Thank you."

*I emphasized the moonlight too much,*But it looked nice

*But it looked nice.

I was awestruck, her beautiful smile gave me chill down the spine.

Eri KO'ed me with her smile. She brought back something that I lost and gave up a long time ago, 

Love. 

Nonono... I'm not a loli...con...

It was too late. I felt my heart pounding harder than it ever has before. I needed to calm down.

"Eri, you should get some sleep. I'm gonna go down to the tavern and-"

Eri grabbed my shirt.

"Please don't go," she said with a sad puppy face, "stay with me..."

My mind was going crazy. I couldn't leave her after her saying that to me. I had some doubts in my head. I tested her a little bit by pushing her down on the bed. She didn't resist.