Chapter 11 - Quest Complete

"What do you mean you don't know?" - Eri

"I don't know how to explain it." - Seo-jun.

"You are the one who caused it right?"

"Yeah... but it's really, REALLY complicated and you won't understand."

"Ok...?"

"Please, just cut me some slack..."

"I'm gonna have you explain that thing in the future."

"Roger that."

"Anyway, where'd you learn to fight?"

"In a dojo of some sort."

"What's a dojo?"

"Oh, it's a place where you learn and master martial arts, so martial art academy."

"What type of martial art did you learn?"

"Taekwondo and Kendo."

"Hmm, and you learned your swordsmanship from there?"

"Swordsmanship from Kendo and unarmed combat in TaeKwonDo."

"I see. That explains why your level is high."

"Is, forty-something I forgot, a high level?"

"For humans, I would say it's little below average for adults."

"Well, I am an adult. I'm 19, soo..."

"What? You look way younger than that."

"Yeah... People tell me that..."

"Well, I think most of the people in their teens or twenties ranged from level 20 to 49."

"Hmm, interesting, then what about you? You were like fifty-something. Is that strong?"

"I guess, in human standards. But compared to elves around my age, I'm really weak."

"Wow."

Just what the hell are elves then?

"What are elve's level range?"

"At my age, it's like 60 to 75. Adults, usually 75 to 90."

"So are elves much stronger than humans?"

"No, their physical strength and mental capacity are about the same I would say. The only difference is magic. Almost all elves are able to use magic, which puts a big gap in the level difference between humans and elves."

"Humans can't use magic?"

"No. There are quite a few who can, it's just that they're hard to find anywhere, especially as adventures. One's possession of mana is genetic. Most of the noble bloodlines carry the ability to use magic, but rarely. Very rarely, there are some people from normal families, born with mana and the ability to use magic. When people find out that their child has the ability to use magic, they send them to a magic academy right away."

"There is magic academies?" 

"Yeah, but they are all in major cities near the capital through, and filled with rich spoiled brats."

"You've been to one before?"

"Yeah... it's like mandatory education for elves, so..."

"Oh, so you are a magic academy student?"

"No..."

Her face told me that she remembered something that she didn't want to.

"I... dropped out of it."