14.

Flashback.

"Look at here," One of the police detectives pointed at the television screen that was displaying the CCTV footage of a primary school.

A boy aged 11 years old smiled brightly at someone as he waved to that person before he ran toward that direction happily.

That person was not visible in the CCTV footage since that person was at a place where the CCTV was not installed.

"It was someone that he knew or else he would not greet that person." The police detective continued.

One of his colleagues sipped a cup of black coffee before he spoke. "Is there any update from team C? They were still finding him?" he asked.

The police detective nodded in response. "It has been almost 12 hours since he went missing." he said.

He crossed his arms as he was staring at the television monitor, wanting to find some new clue.

"Seems like the people who kidnapped him didn't do it for money, if they do, they should have called his family but they didn't."

He made an assumption before his colleague expressed his thoughts. "I just hope that he is still alive."

He took the cup of black coffee and sipped it before he asked. "What is his name again?"

He wasn't being forgetful but there was a lot of case that involved different people with different names so it is understandable.

"Jeon Kang Dae."

"Uncle, where are we going?" That boy asked in an excited tone while he was sitting on the seat that was beside the driver's seat.

His uncle faked a smile as he said. "We are going home, your mother is waiting for you."

That boy smiled widely at his response. "How about my best friend, Hye Su? Is she still at school?" he asked curiously.

"She should be at home by now, Kang Dae." his uncle continued. "I brought you a cold beverage, it is orange juice."

He gave it to him as that boy took it happily. "Thank you, uncle." He removed the bottle cap as his uncle was glancing at him.

That boy was going to drink it but he stopped. "I don't think this route will take us back to my home, uncle."

His uncle answered smoothly. "You are right and that's because this route will take a shorter time to reach your home."

"I see," That boy responded before he drank that cold beverage.

A hidden smirk formed on the face of his uncle. "Kang Dae," He called his name as that boy responded.

"What if today will be your last day of being alive, what will you do?"

That boy was kinda surprised at this question but he still gives him an answer. "I will spend time with my loved ones."

His uncle was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "Unfortunately, I could not fulfil your wish."

"It is time for you to fall asleep,"

"Forever."