Chapter Six

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and say thanks to _fairytale for making a wonderful cover!

-------------

"Well I didn't know!" Bobby tried to defend as Alana stormed to her bedroom, throwing her phone onto the pale chocolate covers on her bed.

"That's why next time, you shouldn't jump to conclusions." Alana urged.

"The man was just dropping me home." She added, when someone knocked on the front door. Frowning, Alana stole a look at Bobby who simply shrugged and left her room. Having been exhausted, Alana collapsed onto her bed, closing her eyes in an attempt to ease the headache that she knew was coming. However, once she heard the high pitched voice of Rosie, she instantly went on alert as the conversation that she had with Veronica instantly replayed behind her eyes.

"Rosie insisted that I were hard on you from the moment that you walked into our office. When you messed up the other night, I begged Jill to give you a second chance but she wouldn't allow it and Rosie didn't even try to back you up either."

"We were all worried sick Alana-May! Don't ever do that to us again!"

"What's she doing here?" Alana growled, her eyes catching the hurt and confusion in her friendls blue depths.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I've been looking everywhere for you!" Rosie cried, sharing a concerned look with Bobby who simply watched, not sure about what was happening.

"Well as you can see Rosie, I'm fine. In fact! I'm ecstatic after what Veronica told me yesterday!" Alana replied sourly, deciding to confront Rosie about the matter. It was not the idea of Rosie telling Veronica to be hard on her that had hurt her feelings, but the fact that Rosie had not defended her when she needed it most.

"Alana I'm even surprised that you listened to that witch after everything that she's done to--" Bobby scowled, getting cut off by Rosie's hand. Alana didn't understand why she listened to Veronica either, except she had hoped that there was some truth in it since it would give her a reason as to why Veronica had been mean to her for the past year.

"No Bobby. Lets hear what Veronica said. What exactly did she tell you?" Rosie wondered, curiosity evident in her voice as she watched Alana, wearily. Usually, Bobby would have left the girls to argue alone but he wanted to know, this time, what exactly they were fighting about.

"She told me about how when I first started, you insisted that she should be hard on me." Alana started.

"Well for once she didn't lie." Rosie confirmed to Alana's surprise. She did not understand why Rosie would do that and when she didn't elaborate, it made Alana even angrier.

"Why would you do that? I thought that we were best friends but I guess that all you were thinking about was yourself! That must mean that you didn't try to defend me when I got fired either. To think that I hated Veronica this whole time when the one I should have hated was you!" Alana ranted, leaving the room. She could no longer look at her friend after everything that had just been revealed. It felt as though their entire relationship had been a lie, yet Alana had no clue as to why Rosie would do such a thing. She was sure that she may have been being over dramatic but she was hurt.

"Alana I'm sure that's not what ---" Bobby tried to rationalise only to get interrupted a second time.

"It would make sense if you let me explain first, Alana!" Rosie complained.

"I don't want to hear it and I think that you should leave." Alana insisted, keeping her hands busy as she began rummaging through the cupboard to find something to eat even though she was far from hungry.