Chapter Ten

Alana gasped and stood back for a second whilst the men began to throw punches. The restaurant erupted in panic and Alana faintly wondered who had screamed before yelling for Casey to come through to the front.

"Cain, punch him!" Veronica commanded, while her friends shuffled backwards, away from the fight.

"Shut up Veronica! Cain, stop it!" Casey retorted, pulling both of them apart by a pressure point of their shoulders.

"Casey, let me go!" Cain whined while Alana stood and simply watched. She was never one to interfere with a fight between grown men, so all she could do was stand like a statue. Cain's eyes met hers and Alana quickly looked away, annoyed at him for starting the fight in the first place. She could not understand what his problem was with Marcus and decided that she would squeeze the truth out of him later.

"Marcus are you okay?" Marcus' colleague rushed as Marcus simply pushed him away.

"I'm fine." He grumbled, brushing himself off. Alana noticed his eye beginning to colour, as well as his cheek and instantly felt horrible. It had been her fault. She should have simply ignored Veronica, even though she was sure that Veronica would have simply walked over to her if she had.

"I'm so sorry. I'll quickly get you some ice if you wa---," Alana quickly apologised, walking over to his side as Casey pulled Cain into the kitchen.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Are you okay?" Marcus wondered, his amber eyes watching her. Alana smiled softly at the fact that he was worrying about her, when he had been hurt.

"Don't worry about me, I wasn't the one who just got into a fight. I'm really sorry," Alana apologised once again. It was the only thing that she could say, since she had never been good at consoling anyone.

"You don't need to apologise. It wasn't you fault..."

"Alana." She informed him.

"Well, I should really get going. As long as you're fine, I think I'll have a peace of mind. Maybe if I had your number, I would be able to sleep at night..." Marcus smiled, taking his chances. Laughing at his attempt to ask for her number, Alana willingly took his phone from him as he took it out of his pocket and saved her number.

"Thank you very much," Marcus grinned, only to wince again, causing Alana to frown.

"Are you sure that you don't need ice or anything?" Alana questioned.

"It looks a bit sore." she added.

"Don't worry about me, Alana. I'm going to go home and attend to it myself. I've already caused a scene as it is." Marcus noticed, eyes still watching them at the front of the restaurant.

"Sorry."

"If you say sorry once more, I might just have to strangle you." Marcus joked, placing his long trench coat on, that his colleague brought to him.

"S--. Never mind." Alana chuckled, shaking her head. Walking him out of the restaurant, Alana gave his hand a soft shake, which made him laugh and wince once again before he walked into the parking lot to find his car. Now, she had to deal with Cain.

"What the hell was all of that about?" Casey whisper-yelled as she pulled Cain through the kitchen, to the back door. Once the cold air hit Cain's face, he instantly began to feel the pain in his jaw.

"He was disrespecting Veronica." Cain stated firmly, rubbing the painful area on his stomach. He should have known better than to keep himself open, he scowled himself.

"Well why couldn't you at least take him outside?...You always let your flipping anger get the best of you." Casey complained, wiping her face tiredly. Cain knew that she was already stressed as it was, since she was four months pregnant and so immediately began to feel bad for adding to her anxiety.