Chapter Four

"Bobby, can you stop?!" Alana screamed as he threw her slender body on to her bed, his hands attacking her sides.

"Apologise," Bobby growled.

"Never and have you forgotten that I'm not ticklish?" Alana grinned, his green eyes watching her. Realising his mistake, his hands froze on her body but still held her in place.

"Fine, but I'll get you back Alana. Remember that." Bobby removed his large hands away from her ribs, glaring at her before heading towards her bedroom door.

"Whatever Bob, or should I call you Madison?" she joked, fighting to keep a straight face.

"Your phone is mine." Bobby hissed, snatching it from her wooden desk. Leaving the room while muttering under his breath, Alana relaxed on her bed, trying to calm myself down. After knowing him for five years, she had no idea how he forgot to tell her that his first name was in fact Madison and that Bobby was his middle name. The name wasn't bad. Alana actually thought that it suited him pretty well and so was not sure why he resented it.

After a couple of minutes staring at the white walls, her laughter having faded away, Alana was left to remember yesterday's events all over again. She still had no idea what she was going to do. After she had gone to bed, she had had nightmares of her conversation with Veronica, over and over again. If it hadn't been for Bobby, who kept her preoccupied for a few minutes, only God knows what she would have been doing. Just as her tears were about to return, the door was flung open causing her to jump and snap out of her thoughts.

"Rosie said that you should start getting ready now since she'll be here in two hours...Are you alright?" Bobby asked when Alana glanced over her shoulder at him.

"I'm fine." Alana sighed, attempting to forget, for that night at least.

"I'll just go and take a shower. I'll tell you when I'm finished, Madison." She wasn't surprised when he slammed the door closed, keeping her phone with him. Grabbing her towel off the radiator, Alana made my way towards the bathroom, glancing at the clock on the wall. Seeing that it was almost seven in the evening, Alana guessed that it was time to get ready.

Once her towel was securely wrapped around her body, she walked towards Bobby's room and knocked, frowning when she didn't receive a reply.

"Bobby, I hope you're not doing anything inapprop--," Alana started, quickly going quiet when she realised that he had fast asleep. For once, he wasn't lying all over the place and seemed to be taking a nap like a normal person. Deciding against slapping him awake, she stalked towards his bed ready to softly shake him awake, only for him to do something completely unimaginable.

"Bobby!" Alana cried, snatching her towel off the floor before slapping him over his head repeatedly.

"I can't believe that you just did that. You're such an idiot!" Alana scowled, ignoring his laughter. He had purposefully snatched her towel off her body and she had nothing underneath. She had no idea what possessed him to do that until he yelled after her,

"That's what you get for calling me Madison and texting it to Rosie." In response Alana slammed the door closed and began getting ready. She would deal with him later.

She admired the pale pink gown that Rosie had chosen for her at Valerie's Boutique. The sleeveless pleated chiffon dress complimented her fair skin and flowed down to the ground from the light brown belt. It was both elegant and expensive. It was obvious that if she had known that she would have been unemployed the following week, she definitely would not have brought the $145 dress.

"Rosie's here." Bobby yelled on the other side of my door. Sliding into the dress, Alana slipped on matching coloured flats and grabbed her peach clutch bag. The bag held all of her essentials, including tissues which she knew would come in handy if Veronica were to get anywhere near her.