Chapter Thirty Three

Alana frowned at him as he continued to laugh. He was being of no help whilst she panicked about whether or not she would be able to take the ring off.

"Cain, it's not funny." Alana complained, resisting the urge to hit him as he began driving.

"I know. It's just that I told you not to try it on in case it got stuck. Of course I was right." Cain calmed down, a large smile still plastered on this large lips. Alana could hardly remember the last time that she had seen him smile. It was certainly the first time that she had seen him smile since she had seen him again.

"But I'm not taking you to a hospital." Cain added before pulling into a small car park and switching the engine off.

"Give me your hand." Cain instructed, holding his own, large hand out. Warily, Alana placed her hand into his, feeling hers suddenly heat up due to his warm hands. His eyes stayed focused on her hand as he gently tugged on the ring.

"It is kind of stuck isn't it?" Cain mumbled, his eye brows furrowing in concentration as he decided to spin the ring whilst pulling it off. He glanced up at her briefly, as if to check that he was not hurting her, which he was not and eventually pulled the ring off.

"Thank you." Alana smiled waiting for him to hand her the ring. Instead he placed it into his pocket and started the car up again.

"I think I'll keep it just in case your tempted to try it on again and it doesn't come off the next time. Now to the café." Cain smirked, easily reversing out of the parking lot.

"I need to check that everything is still in place for the wedding after this." Alana informed Cain as they took a seat outside, as usual. The humidity was manageable that afternoon, and although the sun was shining directly on them, the cool breeze kept her from sweating to death.

"Like what?" Cain wondered as he looked inside the café.

"Like.. the DJ, the reception, the flowers, the photographer and most importantly their honeymoon reservation." Alana shrugged, pulling out her daily planner to make sure that she had written down all of the contact details.

"Where are they going for their honeymoon?" He wondered, his intense hazel eyes directed back at her. Even though Alana no longer felt intimidated by them, she still felt a weird feeling whenever he looked at her.

"They're going to a beautiful resort in Barbados. I saw the pictures and it looks...amazing," Alana breathed, looking into the distance as she remembered how romantic and stunning it was in the pictures.

"As well as being away from things so that they have privacy, they still have the option to go and look at the island anytime they want to." Alana informed him.

"That sounds cliche." Cain grumbled, leaning back in the chair as he folded his slightly larger arms across his chest.

"It's a honeymoon. Where else could you possibly want to go?" Alana frowned, leaning forward on the dark wooden table. She wanted to hear what he had to say loud and clear.

"I mean, France is still a great place to go too." Cain suggested.

"But for a honey moon?" Alana replied skeptically. She knew that France would be a nice destination but she just not sure that it would be the best place for a honeymoon.

"You could make it special." Cain said.

"It wouldn't be the same." Alana disagreed.

"You'd never know until you went there with the love of your life. Trust me, I'm sure that anywhere you went would be special as long as you were with them, as sappy as that sounds." Cain smiled boyishly.