Chapter Seventeen

"Do you have any idea where we're going?" Alana whispered, her breathing shallow as she attempted to keep up with his fast pace. She knew what consequences she would face after having ran for so long but there was nothing she could do about it.

"Nope. All I know, is that the sirens have died down. We should be stopping any second." Cain replied. Huffing behind him, but refusing to complain, Alana continued to follow him as he continued to drag her along.

"We can stop here." Cain breathed as he led them into a short, deserted alley way. Watching Cain lean against the graffiti stained walls in an attempt to gain his breath back, Alana cringed as she stared at the dirty pathway. It was almost making her sick despite the fact that she was not even an obsessive cleaning addict. Breathing heavily beside him, without touching the wall, Alana bent over, placing her hands on her knees. She had not ran so much since high school and she definitely had not missed it. Alana had no idea how far they were or where they were for that matter. All she knew was that she was extremely tired and at that moment, simply wanted her bed. She always seemed to want her bed. The dimly lit alley caused Alana's ears to perch both upwards and outwards as she scooted closer to Cain absentmindedly.

"Do you mind?" Cain chuckled softly when she barged into him.

"I'm so s---," Alana began to apologise before her sneeze echoed loudly around them. This was exactly what she had expected.

"Are you alright?" Cain frowned, removing his plain black jacket to place it around her. It was obvious that Cain hadn't tried to dress up for the party. He wore a simply plain navy shirt with jeans. She had seen him dress up more when they had gone on their double date which suggested that he had not really wanted to come in the first place.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just because I r---," Alana was once again interrupted by a sneeze. Her eyes had also begun to irritate her and Alana tried her hardest not to rub them, knowing all too well the redness that would follow.

"It's just because you what?"

"I ran. When I run for a long time, I start to sneeze and my eyes begin to hurt. It's actually getting better." Alana explained simply, earning a confused and alien look from Cain. It wasn't the first time someone had reacted that way when she informed them about her problem.

"Don't look at me like that. I have no idea why this happens to ---," She quickly held her nose as she sneezed once more.

"I'm really sorry." Alana apologised, closing her eyes as she took a deep breath.

"Your apologising to me? Let's get you home, before you catch a real cold. It's not warm out here." Cain stated and placing a loose arm around her shoulders, Cain led them towards a main road where he was able to hail down a cab.

Feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket, Cain quickly answered it after glancing at an exhausted Alana beside him. 

"Where are you? I've been looking for you for the past half hour and I can't find Alana anywhere. Is she with you? Please tell me she's with you!" Bobby panicked on the other line.

"I'm on my way to your house and I'm with Alana right now." Cain informed him. He couldn't help but smile at his friend's worry.

"Oh thank God!" Bobby exhaled.

"I'm with Will and some girls. If you could stay with her, I'd be really grateful." Bobby hoped. He could tell that Bobby's party hadn't finished even though that particular party had been closed down by the police.