Chapter Twenty Nine

"Are you sure that you weren't falling for him?" Rosie questioned her best friend, her sad blue eyes watching her wearily.  

"No..." Alana replied, frowning as she looked away from Rosie's gaze, instead paying attention to the blue off the shoulder dress that hung on the hanger in front of her. Her fingers gently caressed the plain, soft, cotton dress and Alana wondered whether she was kidding herself. She had certainly never thought of Will in the way that she was thinking about Cain. Especially when he broke up with her, Alana was slightly even joyous when he broke the news to her gently. Yet, after one kiss, Alana was distraught at the fact that they could not be together when they had never actually been official.  

"Are you sure about that? I mean, I don't remember you being this hung over Will when you guys broke up." Rosie read her mind.  

"I'm not hung up over him. I haven't even said anything!" Alana chuckled, uncomfortably. She was never one to talk about her crushes or feelings for anyone of the opposite gender, even with her best friend. It made her fell too vulnerable.  

"That's why I know that you're hung up because you're not saying anything. You never say anything to me Alana. It's frustrating." Rosie breathed, placing some loose hair behind her tiny ear.  

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me." She added, obviously affected by Alana's silence on the subject.  

"You wouldn't be able to help me if I told you either. Yes, I'm upset! When he kissed me...it felt as thou---," Alana began.  

"He what? You did not tell me that he kissed you! This is what I mean! You are so frustrating!" Rosie growled loudly, causing some by passers to give the two women confused looks.  

"He kissed me moments before Veronica came and ruined everything but ---" Alana attempted to continue, only to get interrupted a second time.  

"Where exactly did this happen and don't look at me like that." Rosie rolled her eyes when Alana threw an agitated expression in her direction. She was trying to open up to her but Rosie was not allowing her to get a word out.  

"If you had told me this in the first place, I wouldn't keep stopping you every second. Details." Rosie instructed.  

"He came by Casey's restaurant because I had been ignoring him after I drunkenly kissed him. I apologised and then through his jokes he called me special. I actually believed him for a second and then he kissed me. Now, that kiss was special." Rosie noticed how Alana's dull brown eyes lighted up as she remembered the kiss that she had shared with Cain. She could not help but smile along with her as she continued.  

"Then Veronica came and blessed us with her news and everything went right through the window." Alana explained in simple terms, the smile falling off her lips as the light in her eyes appeared to leave with it.  

"Don't get me wrong Rosie. You know that I love babies. I'm happy for them. Very happy." Alana finished, ending the conversation with her tone.  

"Well I'm not happy at all." Rosie mumbled. 

Once home, Alana put away some of the new clothes that she had brought and decided to check her emails. Surprisingly, Alana noticed that she had received one from her mother, with an attachment. She had no idea that her mother even knew how to send an email, much less attach a file.

"Hey Honey,

A friend is looking for an assistant and she happens to be an event planner. I've attached the file with all of the information on it. I know that it's over here and you'll have to move in with me for a while, but trust me, it seems worth it. I hope that you apply for it because I'm sure that this job is yours.