Chapter Eleven

Cain decided that it was his duty to watch over Alana and her so called friend, but quickly excused himself when he had gotten thirsty. It seemed that the second that he had taken his eyes off her, she had gotten in trouble considering that by the time he looked back, a girl was pushing her around.

"What's going on?" Cain asked, earning a glare from Alana's guy friend as he attempted to calm down the situation. Alana's dark brown eyes looked as confused as he was as she continued to defend herself as a black haired woman yelled at her, supporting another woman that obviously did not look very well.

"Alana, what's going on?" Cain repeated, lightly taking hold of her arm. Turning to her left, where he stood, she continued to frown and opened her mouth, ready to speak but was beaten to it.

"She gave my sister a drink and now she's been throwing up all over the place. She's not allowed to drink because she's on medication but Alana seemed to have forgotten." The woman complained, continuing to scowl at Alana.

"But I didn't give her alcohol. I ordered a lemonade, without alcohol and that's what I gave her." Alana explained, placing a hand through her hair.

"Did you buy the drink?" Cain wondered. If Alana had, then she would have serious explaining to do but since she had been with her friend for the whole night, the man that Cain refused to trust, there was a chance that he could have spiked it.

"I don't know what that has to do with it." The man interrupted, his light brown eyes narrowing through the darkness at Cain. He was obviously touchy when it came to that subject and that idea made Cain even more suspicious.

"I don't know what that has to do with it either. It was Alana's drink. She must have drunk it before she gave it to Lily." The woman suggested, yet Cain knew that it might not be the case, otherwise Alana would have been drunk as well.

"No, Marcus brought it for me and I didn't actually get a chance to drink it. When Lily came over to me and asked for a lemonade, I just gave it to her so that she didn't have to wait." Alana explained, shining a light on the whole situation.

"Did you spike Alana's drink?" Cain questioned, turning his attention to Marcus who was struggling to keep his composure.

"No I didn't. It was probably the guy behind the bar, trying to get her drunk so that he could catch her when she's not on guard. I should kill him." Marcus lied, heading towards the bar.

"Marcus leave it, he wouldn't do that. I've been working with him for the past year at my old job, we're good friend." Alana defended, not realising that it was in fact Marcus who spiked her drink.

"I knew you were no good." Cain growled, his fingers beginning to itch. His jaw had finished healing but he wouldn't mind fighting with Marcus again. Maybe this time, he would knock some sense into him, Cain thought, his hands already forming fists.

"Cain, take it outside." He heard Ben whisper past him. Glancing at his best friend, Cain realised that he was right. He didn't want to cause a scene again and this time he would make sure that Alana was no where near so that she couldn't interfere.

"Where are they going? Ben, could you let go of me please?" Alana complained, not sure about what was going on. Firstly, she had been accused of giving someone alcohol and now she was being told that someone had spiked her drink.

"That guy spiked your drink Alana, don't you get it. Then you gave it to Lily." Melanie stated, as she continued to struggle with Lily who swayed in her arms. The information sunk in and Alana finally understood why they had left, but she did not want Cain to fight Marcus again. She had obviously trusted him too easily.