Chapter Thirty Seven

"Alana, it's okay. No one else is going to hurt you." Cain assured, gently stroking her head while she sobbed into him. He had felt strange as he watched her leave the club alone. He had been glad that he followed his instincts and went outside after her when she had been gone for what he thought was way too long.

"First Micheal cheated on me, then I almost get killed by another guy... I--, I just can't do it any more." Alana cried. Cain was not sure when she had found out about Micheal but felt anger curse through his body.

"Alana, look at me." Cain instructed, softly wiping some of the tears off her cold cheeks. Her large deep brown eyes stared up at him, waiting for what he was going to say next as she tried to control her crying.

"You will be fine... First, let's get you out of here." He stated, holding her close as he led her to his car. Once he opened his car down, he placed her in the back seat, so that if she wanted to rest, she could lie down.

"I'll be back, I'm just going to tell them that we're leaving." Cain said, only to get pulled back desperately by Alana, whose small hand gripped his arm. The fearful look in her eyes made the anger return.

"Please don't. Don't leave me." Alana pleaded, releasing her hand quickly after while she moved her gaze to her hands which she folded on her lap.

"Can't we just go?" Alana asked.

"That's fine. I'll just text them later." Cain agreed, moving towards the driver’s seat.

Alana watched as Cain searched for decent clothes that she could wear and patiently waited on his bed. She had stopped crying, although, her eyes appeared to be staring off into space. Cain had wanted her in his home after she had left, except not under these circumstances.

"Alana." Cain called and his voice made her jump. He most certainly did not want her to be alone in the night.

"Do you want to sleep on my bed and I'll sleep on the floor, so that you’re not afraid." Cain suggested.

"I would have suggested downstairs but I know that my bed is much more comfortable." Cain explained, his gaze frozen on her.

"I would really appreciate that. If I'm not putting you out too much." Alana smiled, sadly. Cain admired the fact that she was still even able to smile.

"It's fine." Cain urged, handing her some of his clothes.

"I'll just leave you to get changed." Cain stated, leaving the room. Changing into something more comfortable himself and grabbing some blankets from his guest room, Cain re-entered the room and found an exhausted Alana already asleep and tucked in. Cain placed his blankets carefully on the ground beside his bed, making sure to make as little noise as possible and gently lay on them. Checking his phone, Cain realised that it was a few minutes past one and noticed the few missed calls that he had received. Quickly texting his friends back, Cain got comfortable on the floor and slowly began to fall asleep.

"Cain... Cain are you there?"

Cain woke up startled, sitting up instantly whilst his eyes adjusted to the darkness. Switching on his bedside lamp, Cain saw Alana's watery eyes staring in his direction as she clutched on to the quilt.

"Are you okay?" Cain mumbled, his voice still husky due to the sleep that remained in his body.

"Yeah. I just had a bad dream. I'm sorry that I woke you up. I just wanted to make sure that you were there." Alana replied softly. Cain felt his heart sink. Alana had been scared out of her wits by the drunkard at the bar and he still continued to haunt her dream.