Chapter Thirty Five

"No! No! No!" Alana cried in irritation. She certainly did not need this right now.

"What's wrong?" Cain shouted from outside of the tiny changing room.

"It doesn't fit!" Alana growled. The seamstress had more than two months to get it right, yet did not. Alana had no idea what she was going to do. The wedding was only eight days away and she had nothing to wear.

"Let me see, I'm sure it's fine." Cain stated. Breathing softly, Alana began to relax. Everything happened for a reason, maybe there was another stunning dress out there, waiting for her. Although, she knew that she had no choice but to find that dress on that day, other wise, Rosie would have a heart attack. Changing back into her plain, sky blue summer dress, Alana walked out of the cubical.

"We'll find another one." Alana said, making her way towards the woman that had made her dress. The dress had not looked how she had described it and nor did it fit, so the woman had definitely not done a great job. However, she did try, so Alana gave her half of the money that she was meant to pay for the dress.

"When are you going to get a new dress?" Cain asked after they had left the shop and the burning sun rays stung her eyes for a second.

"Today. If Rosie finds out, she wouldn't have the time to find a new dress because she'd be freaking out, just as she did when she found out that the photographer was not coming. Except, worse. I'll direct you to where we should go. I know the perfect shop." Alana smiled up at him.

Cain had picked Alana up around twelve in the afternoon to pick up her dress. He had been a wonderful chauffeur and she could not have asked for anyone else. As for conversation, it flowed easily between them, just as it used to which meant that the long drives were no where near awkward, which she was grateful for.

"Cain stop, please! I can't breathe!" Alana laughed, unable to stop due to a joke that Cain had just said.

"It's not that funny, Lana." Cain scowled. So, it had not been a joke but was an experience that Cain had gone through, but it was still extremely funny to Alana.

"Hold on one second," Alana attempted to calm down as she answered her phone as it began to ring.

"Hey," Alana breathed, a large smile still plastered on her lips whilst Cain shook his head at her.

"Hey, what are you doing? You sound out of breath," Micheal noted.

"I just heard something funny." Alana informed, with a smirk in Cain's direction.

"I feel as though I haven't spoken to you in years. Are you still coming back tomorrow?" Alana wondered. The last time that she had spoken to him was on the day of his bestfriend's birthday. That had been three days ago.

"I'm...good. I won't be able to come back tomorrow because something came up with the business and I have to stay for a while. I'll be back a couple of days before the wedding though." Micheal explained, his deep voice sounding apologetic.

"That's fine. Do your job Micheal and I'll see you soon hopefully." Alana replied.

"Thank you, I'll speak to you later." Micheal gruffly thanked.

"Alright, love you." Alana stated, noticing the slight frown that formed on Cain's face. Somehow, all of those years ago, being around him had caused her to become more observant, to his disadvantage.

"You too." Micheal said.

"Don't worry Cain, I love you too."Alana joked once she had placed her phone safely back into her purse.

"Too bad those feeling aren't mutual." Cain dissed, a handsome smirk on his lips.

"I'm highly offended, Cain, highly offended... Now let's go into this shop." Alana insisted, gently pulling him along by his arm.