Chapter Twenty Two

"Oh c'mon Alana! You said that you would come!" Bobby complained as everyone stared at her. Alana knew at that moment, that she did not like Cain. Once he had played the recording of her agreeing to go paint balling with them, their status as 'friends' had been terminated. He could laugh as much as he wanted but she wanted her Christmas present back. Cain no longer deserved the shambella bracelet that shimmered around his wrist, she thought, glaring at him.

"It's going to be painful and its cold," Alana whined, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'll protect you Alana," Will insisted, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"There we go. You have a protector. Now can we go?" Ben urged, flying off the leather sofa which he had been sulking on a second earlier.

"No! I'm not going. You guys don't understand."

"For crying out loud. She already agreed. Just carry her out or something!" Cain suggested, causing Alana to squeal as she was suddenly thrown over Bobby's shoulder. It was moments like this that she wished she weighted more than she did.

"Rosie! Your not going to help me?" Alana cried, looking at her friend as she attempted to hold herself up on Bobby's shoulders, failing miserably.

"You agreed already. Plus, I want you to come," Rosie stated and Alana could see the giddy smile on her lips. She knew that her best friend would most likely be playing around with Ben in the forest, or wherever they would be which was why she did not mind.

"Your not a very nice friend, sacrificing my happiness for your own."

"It's not just hers, Alana. I'm sure your not selfish enough to make two people sad in order to make yourself happy," Ben pointed out, causing Alana to breath out in annoyance.

"I'm not going with Cain." Alana informed them as she put on the coat which Rosie had kindly brought along with her, after having been placed back onto her two feet once they got outside.

"Why not?" Cain pouted, his moist bottom lip poking out adorably.

"Come with us then, I'm sure you won't mind driving alone." Will recommended, earning an aggravated expression from Cain.

"Sure." Alana agreed, smiling triumphantly at him as she followed Will to Bobby's car. Slamming his car door, Alana's smile disappeared once she realised that Cain was not happy. She did not want to make him upset, even though that was exactly what he had done to her.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" Alana wondered as they drove to their destination. The cold January winds were blowing in through the rolled down windows and Alana was forced to lie down in the back of the car, cradling her body in order to stay warm.

"She's fine but to be honest, I don't feel right talking about her to you. I mean, she's your friend and we do have a history Alana," Will reminded. Alana stayed silent, believing that she understood what he meant but did not really care about anything that he had said. Their relationship, for her, had been awkward for the most part and she was almost ashamed to say that she was happy when he broke up with her. He was more of a friend to her, than a boyfriend, so the end of the kissing and long hugs had been extremely overdue.

Will had still been dating the woman that he had introduced himself to at one of Bobby's collegues party a while back, Laura, who he fought over with Cain. She was glad that they were happy since it was all she cared about.

Staying silent for the rest of the drive, Alana simply played games on her phone and wondered what awaited her.

"We need two teams. It would be good if there were two men and one woman in each, to make it even and fair," the instructor told them once they were geared up.