Chapter Twenty Seven

"What did I miss?" Rosie asked flicking her wavy ombre dyed hair over her shoulder as her sea blue eyes darted between Alana and Bobby. The somewhat sinister smile that slowly made its way onto Bobby's lips caused Alana to frown. She was not sure whether something had happened that she was not aware of.

"Well, while you were away, Alana and Cain got it on." Bobby lied. 

"I had only been gone for a month! Why didn't you tell me when we spoke on the phone?" Rosie complained while Alana rolled her eyes.

"Do you really think that's what happened?" Alana questioned, raising an eye brown as she sat forward on the leather sofa. Bobby had invited Rosie around their apartment the moment that he had heard that she was back from her long trip to California, for work at Perfect Events. It so happened that when Alana was fired, Veronica pitched one of her ideas to the managers, about expanding the business to different states and they loved it, whereas Veronica had told Alana that it was a stupid idea. 

"Well I don't know. Did you two get it on?" Rosie grinned, anticipating her friend's answer.

"No. Now can I go to the kitchen to get started on the pizza?" Alana wondered, standing up.

"I'll speak to you later. Now it's your turn Bob." Rosie stated, falling backwards into the place which Alana had earlier occupied. Bobby had decided that the two of them should host a dinner night with snacks and a movie. Alana had agreed to help out with some of the food, which included her making pizza and buying the rest of the food while the dough was resting. Following the instructions that she had found when she googled 'easy pizza recipe,' Alana brought out all of the ingredients and began working.

Hearing both Cain and Ben's voices spill into the kitchen, Alana tried hard to ignore the racing of her heart. It had started only a week after their double date, the day before Rosie went away. Cain had began calling her a couple of times during the week and she had gotten quite attached to the sometimes irritating man. The next two weeks had consisted of them meeting up for drinks in the cafe that he had taken to her to when they went out on what he considered was their first date, whereby she paid. She was sure to keep her feelings unknown though. She was not one who spilled out her feelings when she was not sure whether the other person felt the same way. Either way, she was not going to tell Cain anything.

"Well look who's cooking." Cain mocked behind her. Turning her head as she began to knead the dough, Alana caught sight of him as he leaned against the door frame. 

"Very funny." Alana retorted, trying to ignore how handsome he looked in a simple navy shirt and black jeans as she turned back to the dough in her hands. His hair was an array of unkempt curls as usual but his smouldering, striking hazel eyes always threw her off.

"The only thing is that you're doing it wrong." Cain informed her, his voice extremely close to her ear as his hands suddenly appeared on top of hers, guiding them to knead the dough in the way that he wanted. She was frozen for a second, surprised by him, as always, before she simply went along with it.

"You're too stiff, just like my grand mother when she was dancing." Cain noted as his fingers moved between hers, continuing to move the dough over the dusted surface. The only reason why Alana was so stiff was because she was definitely not used to him being so close, especially since she had began to like him, she was over thinking everything.

"Well thanks for that Cain." Alana replied, nudging him slightly which caused him to chuckle, his husky laugh filling her ears as his breath fanned her ear.

"You're welcome granny." 

"I swear Alana, you need to relax. I'm not about to suck your blood out. That film sucks by the way." Cain commented, referring to Twilight.