Chapter Thirty Six

"What's wrong mummy?" Alana asked, walking into Rosie's spare bedroom, as she tried to block out any irrational thoughts.

"I went into your apartment today, just to check on it like you asked me to," Alana's mother began, still sounding out of breath.

"And I heard strange noises coming from upstairs..." She continued. The first thing that Alana thought of was that she had been robbed.The idea simply caused her heart to drop into her stomach, considering that her mother had been in the midst of it. They could have hurt her.

"Mummy, what was going on?" Alana urged, the suspense almost killing her.

"It was Micheal..."

"What happened to him? Don't tell me that he was trying to fight the robbers!"

"There weren't any robbers."

"Then what was happening?" Alana quizzed, suddenly confused. If there had been no robbers then what had happened and how had Micheal been involved?

"He was with another woman." Her mother answered quietly, so quiet that Alana had almost missed it. She frowned. What on earth did her mother mean?

"Was it his mum or something. I don't understand."

"He was cheating on you Alana-May Judy! Sleeping with another girl in daylight! I almost killed the ---"

"He was cheating on me? I mean, were they just sleeping side by side or ---?"

"They were having se--"

"Okay! I get it!" Alana rushed, not wanting to hear it.

"I'm just... I don't get why." Alana whispered, feeling all of her energy suddenly disappear.

"... Could I call you back in a second please." Alana mumbled.

"Sure. I'm here for you." Her mother stated before Alana cut the call.

At that moment, Alana simply sunk to the floor and placed her head into her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Cain wondered. Hearing a knock on his door, Cain opened it to reveal an uninvited guest.

"What do you mean what am I doing here?" Robin replied, a smirk on her blood red lips as her eyes gazed over him.

"I mean, what are you doing here?" Cain repeated, frowning at the woman in front of him. He had not invited her around, so he had no idea what she was doing at his house.

"I came to have say hi... I've missed you," Robin answered, placing her thin arms around his waist whilst laying her head against his chest. Cain tried not to grunt in unbelief. She had missed his body not him.

"I've been needing to say something to you actually." Cain started, gently pulling her away from him. He had finally understood why he had forgotten about her. He was no longer looking for a fling but was looking for a serious relationship. One which he hoped would end In marriage, as corny as that sounded. It was all Ben's fault.

"What is it now?" Robin rolled her eyes, placing her hands at her side.

"I don't want to keep playing around. I'm looking to settle down ---" He was interrupted before he even had a chance to finish.

"No, Cain. We already agreed that this was only supposed to be a little fun. I know that I may be the woman that all of you guys dream about but I'm not about to settle down. Not anytime soon." Robin informed him.

"It was nice while it lasted," she muttered walking away, after placing a soft, short kiss on his cheek whilst Cain simply watched her leave. He was speechless for two reasons. The first reason was because of her arrogance. She was not at all the type of woman that Cain dreamt about, at all, so she had been wrong there. The second reason was because if she had let him finish, she would have realised that he was going to say settle down with someone that was not her. Either way, Cain was content. He had not hurt her feelings and she was not begging to stay with him, so with that, Cain returned to his sofa, got comfortable and continued to watch the soccer that was on.