Chapter Seven

I just want to thank all of my readers and new fans for reading this story once again. I also want to thank call-me-bell for her wonderful covers! They're really great!

Don't forget to vomment! Please and thank you! Suki x

Even though she had not yet had the interview, Alana felt all of her confidence drain out of her body as she watched her old boss saunter towards her.

"What are you doing here?" Veronica quizzed, tilting her head slightly as her eyes scrutinized Alana from her feet upwards, until she finally met her eyes.

"Oh wait! Are you applying for the receptionist job? If you want I could put in a good word for you," Veronica smiled, her grey eyes narrowed darkly.

"No need. If it's the job for me then I'm sure I'll get it," Alana found her voice, straightening her posture. She would no longer listen to the fake words that easily flowed out of Veronica's mouth. Glancing to where she had appeared from, Alana noticed that Cain's black Nissan remained in its spot. Veronica had probably borrowed it from him, Alana guessed.

"Well, I guess we'll see." Veronica stated, the smile wiped off her lips as she began to make her way through the front of the building.

"Veronica!" Alana heard herself shout before her brain had even registered what she was doing. She had wanted to know why she had hated her so much, considering the fact that she no longer worked under her, therefore there was no need to continually please her.

"I just wanted to ask you something." Alana began. Veronica turned around and sighed loudly. Alana was obviously taking some of her precious time and that idea made Alana smile, only slightly.

"What happened to the Veronica that spoke to me at the engagement party? She told me that she really liked me, but here you are acting crude as always," Alana stated, amused when Veronica began to storm back over to her, glowering. Stopping less than a foot away, Alana waited for what was going to leave her lips.

"You think that your so great, don't you Alana-May? But let me tell you something, just because Rosie helped you in the ladder doesn't mean anything. Other people, like me for example, had to work from the bottom, up. When you finished college and instantly got a job, it was obvious that you needed to be knocked back to reality. Life isn't always that easy, babe," Veronica scowled, far from finished. Alana simply listened to what she was saying, for once gaining an understanding of why their relationship had been the way it was.

"Well I've got news for you. Now that you haven't got a job, you can finally learn the hard way and start from the bottom." Veronica sneered, turning so that Alana was left watching her retreating figure.

"And one more thing. Stay away from Cain. I've told you once and I'll tell you again. If I have to mention it one more time, then it'll be more than a warning." Veronica added.

"Is that a threat? Because if it is, I'm sure that he'd love to hear about it." Alana retorted. Veronica stopped in mid stride and turned around slowly, to face Alana once more.

"If you dare then I'll ruin you completely!" Veronica screamed, about to attack Alana who dropped her bag, ready for a fight even though she had never been in one in her life.

"Veronica! Stop!" Cain's voice boomed from beside them. Veronica's eyes stayed glued to Alana, whilst Alana glanced at him, having no idea that he had been watching everything.

"Why are you still here?" She growled, correcting her appearance whilst finally tearing her gaze from Alana.

"God damn it, Veronica! Can't you just leave the woman alone?" Cain complained, his hair a mess as his jaw tightened. Alana had never seem him this annoyed and knew that it definitely didn't suit his usual, playful manner that she had become accustomed to.