Chapter Twenty

"I don't want to go." Alana whined. Whilst holding her phone to her ear as she lay comfortably on her bed, tucked underneath her warm black and silver damask quilt, Alana continued to surf the internet on her laptop which was situated directly in front of her. It seemed as though he always interrupted her when she was trying to have a peaceful night at home.

"You don't have a choice, Lana. Ben is on his way to pick you up now. You have thirty minutes." Cain commanded before the line went dead. That man was not the boss of her, Alana thought, throwing her phone onto her pillow before continuing to look for event planning jobs. It had been three months since she had lost her job and although she enjoyed working for Casey at the restaurant, she wanted to get back into her normal and desired work career.

Hearing a knock on her door, Alana jumped slightly and scrambled out her bed, muttering underneath her breath. She was not expecting any one. Certainly not at ten o'clock in the evening.

"What exactly are you doing here?" Alana frowned when she was met by the chocolate brown eyes which belonged to Ben. Letting him in, Alana stood there mortified at the fact that her best friend's boyfriend was checking her out.

"Your not ready. Defying Cain's orders are we?" Ben smirked, confusing Alana somewhat. As if only remembering the call that she had with Cain, Alana smiled widely.

"Cain is not the boss of me." She replied defiantly, a hand on her hip as she shrugged easily at his comment.

"Well he is the boss of me, so let's go Cinderella." Ben stated.

"What? Ben, put me down this instant!" Alana screamed as her body was easily flung over his shoulders. He certainly could not take her to the party at that moment! She was still in her pyjamas.

"I will pinch your butt!" Alana threatened, simply earning a deep chuckle as she heard her front door open.

"Kinky, except I don't think that Rosie would like that." Ben urged, continuing to walk, leaving her only able to see his behind.

"Alright! I'll get changed." Alana groaned.

"What was that?" Ben asked to Alana's irritation.

"I said that I'll come. Take me back home so that I can get changed." Alana repeated with a dramatic sign as she continued to stare at the less than attractive view of Ben's backside.

"Brilliant. I'll be waiting for you in your living room and don't even think about sneaking out of the window. You have half an hour." Ben stated, making himself comfortable. Flicking through the channels on her TV, with his legs wide open, Ben placed a hand through his combed back strawberry blonde hair and seemed to forget her existence.

Mumbling underneath her breath about how she was going to kill Cain, Alana sadly followed his instructions. Throwing on a black and gold glittery midi-dress, she placed her hair into a simple, clean pony tail, threw on some flat shoes and make-up and left her room.

"No jewellery?" Ben quizzed giving her another once over.

"You only gave me half an hour. That's not enough time to look through my jewellery box. Now can we just leave before I change my mind." Alana sulked, while he slowly wandered towards her front door.

"As if you had a choice..."

"What was that Ben?" Alana wondered although she had clearly heard him. With a warning glare, she watched him squirm and shift his gaze from her eyes.

"I said ladies first." He lied, holding open her front door. With a satisfied smile, Alana waltzed through the door gladly.