Chapter Twenty Six

"Cain, you're just being nice. Tell me the truth." Alana pouted. Cain smiled up at her as she straddled his waist on the bed, staring down at him, her brunette brown hair framing her face as it flowed around her loosely. Gently, Cain tucked some of her hair behind her ear so that he could see her beautiful dark brown eyes properly while her hands rested on his naked chest. 

"Lana, you're not fat. Fine, you've gained a bit of weight but it was bound to happen. I think you still look beautiful. You'll always look beautiful." Cain smiled, she was definitely too good for him, he thought. He watched as her eyes began to moisten and knew that she was about to cry. 

"I'm sorry, my hormones are still all over the place." Alana apologised sweetly, making Cain chuckle as he wiped the lone tear that fell down her warm cheek. 

"There's no need to apologise, baby." Cain could not get over the fact that she still blushed faintly when ever he called her that and felt his smile widen even more. 

"You're too sweet." Alana smiled, moving close enough to gently press her lips on his. The kiss was only soft and short but Cain felt the same warmth that he always felt when they kissed. It always left him wanting more. She squealed as he flipped them over, now able to hover above her, pressing his body flush against hers. 

"You know that I love you right..." Cain confessed for the millionth time, staring into her eyes as he did so. 

"Yes and just for the record, I love you too." Alana grinned up at him and Cain could not be any happier and knew that no one else could make him feel as Alana did. Complete, at that second and forever, if she gave him that long.

Cain woke up startled and sitting upright on his bed. He had no idea what kind of dream he had just had. It had been extremely random and weird considering that he had been dreaming about the girl who was sleeping only next door. Cain could still feel the warmth of the kiss that they had shared in his dream and wondered whether it could have actually been real. Had Alana sneaked into his room and kissed him? Cain doubted it, although it was hard to explain what he felt otherwise. Getting out of his bed, Cain winced slightly, having forgotten about his grazed shoulder and quietly slipped out of his room.  

As slowly as he could, Cain opened the guest room door and searched through the darkness until his eyes landed on a sleeping Alana, whose soft snores could be heard from where he stood. She had not sneaked into his room to kiss him, Cain concluded before closing the door and going to the bathroom. 

The dream was still vivid in his mind, allowing him to remember everything from how Alana's eyes shone brightly into his, to how fast and hard his heart was beating when she kissed him and told him that she loved him back. It felt all too real. Splashing his face with cold water, Cain noted from the clock on the wall that it was only four in the morning meaning that it was definitely too early to be up and so tip-toeing back to his room, Cain slept dreamlessly for the rest of the morning.

"You lied to me." Alana growled as she folded her arms across her chest. Cain had told her that she would be watching a romantic film, yet instead, they were standing in the queue waiting to pay to see World War Z.  

"I thought that you liked thriller and horror films." Cain frowned. 

"You thought wrong. That's Rosie and if you haven't noticed, I'm not your best friend's girlfriend. If you wanted her here then you should have invited her." Alana bit back, not impressed by his reply. 

"Well I'm sorry that I got it wrong but I wanted you here, not Rosie. Now don't worry about it. If you get scared, I'm here." Cain informed her, gently pulling her to his side before wincing. 

"Sorry." Alana quickly apologised. He had used his bad arm to pull her beside him and she suddenly felt bad for complaining. She did notice though, how he had said that he wanted her to come on the double the date with him and Alana could not help but smile secretly at that fact.