Chapter Eighteen

"Cain, if you keep spinning me around like this I'm going to throw up on you," Alana warned as he continually spun her around to Rhianna - 'Where have you been?' Laughing, Cain let go of her hand, causing her to sway slightly. An arm easily slipped around her waist, holding her dizzy body close to his as he led her towards the bar.

"What drink do you want?" Cain wondered over the music as he called the bartender towards them.

"Could I have a glass of lemonade please, with ice?" Alana replied as the room slowly stopped spinning.

"I wonder where Rosie and Ben are," Alana stated, taking a sip of her drink. She couldn't suppress the shiver that ran down her spine as the cold drink cooled down her body. After all of the dancing, talking and laughing that they had been doing, the drink seemed to be a blessing. Alana had never thought that she'd have so much fun with Cain, of all people, considering that he was usually grumpy.

"I think I know where they are," Cain smirked, glancing around the hall. With a small tap on his crooked nose, Alana instantly understood what he was implying.

"Never! Rosie wouldn't do anything until her puts a ring on it, on the day of the wedding." Alana scoffed, rolling her eyes at his assumption. He was a man after all.

"Who said that I was talking about sex? Alana, you have a really dirty mind." Cain chuckled, gulping down his bottle of beer as his hazel eyes twinkled in amusement.

"You were the one thinking it!" Alana flushed, turning away from Cain in order to hide her embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed, Alana. I know that deep down your a real freak," Cain added.

"In your dreams," Alana retorted, attempting to walk away from him.

"Your so easy to annoy Alana," he continued to laugh, softly taking her hand. Shaking her head, with a soft smile on her lips, Alana allowed him to pull her back to the bar, but frowned when he brought his lips to her hand.

"Your hands are so soft."

"Your drunk," Alana muttered, ripping her hand from his grasp.

"Trust me Alana-May, if I was, I'd be much worse. Now why don't we get you home now. This thing finishes in ten minutes and I don't want them to make me- clean up." Cain said, standing up from the wooden stool that he had been sitting on so that he could lead the way.

"No, no, no!" Alana growled as she searched through her purse for her apartment keys. She had remembered taking them out of her coat and putting them on her desk...except she had not picked them up to put into her purse.

"What's wrong?" Cain quizzed, leaning against the wall beside her front door.

"I left my keys in the house and Bobby isn't home." Alana sighed, tapping her foot as she thought of something to do. She was extremely exhausted and simply wanted to lay down on her bed at that moment in time.

"I'll call him to see where he is." Cain said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Watching him as he held the phone to his ear, Alana could only hope that Bobby would pick up his phone. Unfortunately, when Cain shook his head sadly, stuffing his phone back into his pocket, Alana knew that she was in trouble.

"Well thanks for bringing me home. I'll just wait here until he comes home." Alana mumbled, beginning to sit down in front of her apartment door. She knew there was a thin chance that Bobby would come home that night but there was nothing else that she could do.

"Don't even think about it." Cain said, gently pulling her up by her arm, just before her bottom touched the floor mat. Frowning at him, Alana slowly pulled herself up.