chapter~59

It's been a week since that night and lakshmi had been busy in her room most of the time. Children are being taken care of by Anu as she has been trusted over by lakshmi for this job.  It's not that Anu is strong.  It's Rahul whom is the one giving protection to all of them . That one and only husband of her's has been long forgotten .

It was around 5:00 in the evening when she recieved a call from rahul asking her come out in the garden. She responded briefly before putting the phone away. 

She passed through the hall and Neelu along with Noor tagged up with their mother. Lakshmi went outside holding noor in her arms and held onto Neelu's hand while walking into the garden.

" di! " Lakshmi heard Anu's excited voice and nodded at her with a smile. She looked at Rahul , Arjun , Sanjay and Saraswathi sitting around the white marble table in the garden with a maid serving them tea.

She sat beside Arjun as it was the only chair left empty. 
It doesn't really matter.

She let Noor stand on the grass as the little girl started scrutinising the grass as if it's a precious fossil.

" di, the dates have already been confirmed . It's on 5th of next month is auspicious..." Anu spoke suddenly.  Lakshmi gazed at Anu and then turned to Rahul who nodded in response.

" who checked it ?" lakshmi asked looking at Anu's face and Anu blushed lowering her head like an ostrich.

Lakshmi smiled looking at her.
This girl is one lucky lady who hit a jack pot. She has a caring husband, who has no family pester her in future .
He is trustworthy guy who can go to any extent to save the ones he loves.
His character is that of a diamond....

This is something which makes her jealous when she thinks of this couple . She knows that comparison is of no use, but still she does compare herself with Anu . Thinking of it, she was  similar to Anu , before all of this has happened .  She used to be innocent like her .  She used to love simple things and had a simple mindset and never did she ask for anything more from her husband except for a little of his trust and love...

Lakshmi POV :

Or in my case it would have been different if he did trust me just a little...

All of this wouldn't have happened...

I lowered my gaze and looked at my white knuckles. I chuckled at myself for letting my emotions take a toll upon me once again after a long time .
Nothing will change even if I let my blood out.
Nothing will ever revert back.

" we have also been planning to have a small destination wedding only with our close family members" Anu said shyly with her already blushing cheeks turning more deeper shade of red and I nodded. I looked at Rahul from the corner of my eyes and knew what a 'small wedding' it would be. 

" mumma when did you and dad get married? " Neelu suddenly questioned while leaning on my lap with her both hands supporting her tiny face . I looked at her calmly for a second as the silence crept around me .

" when I was of your age and your father was of your grandpa's age " I answered and sipped my tea from white persian ceramic cup.

I heard the sound of spitting and looked at Rahul and Arjun who almost had the same reaction but with a different expression. 

" it's your marriage,
You people plan it the way you want. If you need my help or my involement, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be happy to be a part of it. " I said looking at Noor mindlessly and then lifted my gaze towards Anu and Rahul .