chapter~7

Gosh!!!
Cooking is soo tough...
I really want to touch the feet of my mom for cooking everyday .
My superwoman.

I have to cook dinner and all the basic stuff I know , I have cooked in lunch and breakfast.... If I cook something simple again saying that 'u shouldn't eat heavy food at night's' then I might as well end up getting a punch square in my face....

Oh yah
Why fear when YouTube is here!
I took out my phone from my pajama pocket and typed ' how to make guthivankaya ' .....
I paused the video and went outside in the garden and into my mini fields.
I went to the sector where the brinjals were there and took a few of them...
I cleansed them thoroughly in the sink...

I started preparing the curry and I did add spices according to my taste.... I smelled the aroma and it was wonderful!... I made curd rice, plain rice....  That's it... More than enough... I ain't a chef to make 3-4 curries for him...
Standing infront of the stove ain't my thing....

' Ding Dong '
Who must it be? My husband hasn't got the etiquette of doing this...
I went near the door and put up the chain-lock on the double door and opened it slightly... I raised my head up and saw my husband who was looking at the other side... I immediately opened the door and moved far away from the door...
He went up stairs to his room . I opened my Insta and took pics of my culinary skills for my insta feed....

I didn't know how much time had passed by and my session has got interrupted by throat clearing...
I looked back to see my husband with a glint of amusement.... How will he know how much hard work I have put in my curry!....

" set it in garden " he said and I nodded turning back to the dishes...
He went out and I arranged everything on the backyard table...
He sat and I put a plate with rice and curry... He ate quitely without complaining and I was relieved...
Every single day seems like a war in this house.... ' survival of the fittest '...

He went inside to wash his hands and sat on the other chair...
Oh shit!  I didn't get my plate...i dont have energy to even move after standing behind him for god knows how long....

I took his plate and served my self...
It dosen't really matter as I eat in everyone's plate at my house... He is my husband so I guess it doesn't matter.... But the words 'my husband' sounds too weird for my own liking...

I was too much involved in my eating that I didn't observe the movements in front of me until I heard the screeching sound of the chair...
I looked to see my husband looking at me with a pearcing gaze....
Oh god!!!  Don't say me that he remembers the incidents of today!

" what is this? " he asked and I looked at the table to see butter milk.....
My love....

" butter milk " I said and he nodded taking away my glass.... My jaw fell down hitting the table....How dare he!
He drank it in a single go as if it's a vodka shot! I silently ate crying for my buttermilk...

" another glass " he said as if I'm a waitress... I nodded and went back inside with plates and vessels...
I made 2 glasses of butter milk and took them out in the backyard.... He was looking at his phone and I placed One glass infront of him... He looked away from his phone and took the glass in his hand... I looked at the spoon on the table and as I was a mild OCD candidate, I took it back inside the kitchen....
As soon as I entered the backyard, I saw him drinking my glass of butter milk too!  This is too much!  I almost ran to him and snatched away my glass and gulped the whole heavenly liquid.... I wiped my mouth and my eyes fell on my husband.... He rose a single eyebrow at me and I ran inside with the glass.... I don't want him to kill me now for the glass of buttermilk!  But what got into me to make me behave like this?  I should have made another one for myself...
I raked in frustration and prepared myself for sleep... And also with fear that he might come and beat me up..