chapter~42

I looked at the calender on my table.
Pushing the sheets aside, my feet touched the cold floor.

After cleaning up myself ,
I wore a crisp black suit. Keeping phone in my vest pocket , I took the briefcase while going out of my room.

I was about to step out and when I heard my mother calling me.
" Arjun,
have your break fast and leave "
she said arranging a plate for me.

" no maa ,
I don't have time now.
I'll have it in the office " I said kissing her lightly wrinkled forehead and went out of the mansion.
.
.
.
.
.
As soon as my car stopped in an alley, the driver stepped out and guarded behind the car.

I changed into a set of clothes and stepped out of the car.....
feeling the cold breeze ,
I shrugged and covered myself with a  brown shawl.

I walked along the foot path in the deserted street while reminiscing the past......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Third person POV :

Anita and Veer saw their son leaving again with an empty stomach. They came to know that from past one month , he wasn't having his breakfast and lunch in his office....
And neither was he having his dinner along with them.....
he leaves early in the morning and come backs late at night.....

As soon as their son left, Veer and Anita quickly got in their car following behind their son's car.....
while maintaining a distance....

As soon as they reached a deserted street, their son's car stopped.
After a few minutes, a man stepped out of the car and started walking away...

Veer and Anita immediately got out of the car and went near the driver who was standing near the car.

The gaurd was shocked seeing them and bowed infront of them paying his respect....
" where is arjun? " Anita asked unable to contain herself.....

" boss has left " the driver said looking down..

" the one who stepped out now? " veer asked perplexed.....

" yes master " the driver said and Anita was shocked knowing that he was her arjun...she didn't want to believe it....but there was no one other than him and the driver in the car....

" where to? " veer asked and the gaurd said that he dosen't know as no one was allowed to follow him....not even the secret gaurds who usually keep a tab around his surroundings... He ordered his men to do so....

Knowing his, Anita and veer quickly started walking in the direction in which their son left....
.
.
.
.
.
They kept on looking for him and they couldn't find him any where... The worry for him marred on their faces thinking of all the possibilities of something happening to him....

He is alone !
This is risky for his life...
There are many waiting for such an opportunity to harm him....
.
.
.
After walking a km ,
they were more tensed for their son as they still couldn't find him....
Veer was about to call his men but stopped as soon as he felt a tug on his arm.

He saw his wife grabbing his sleeve tightly while looking some where else....
She covered her mouth with her other hand, muffling her sobs....and tears dwelling out of her eyes....

Veer followed her gaze and he was shocked for a second. His heart broke seeing his son in front of the temple in muddy clothes and a torn shawl covering his head and shoulders.....

There is a bowl infront of him and he was sitting there quitely on the steps looking up into the sky while few people were putting coins in their bowls....