Chapter~64

Lakshmi was going through the files in office.
It has been three days since the incident with Arjun.

These three days have passed by so calmly as if this incident has never occurred .

Since three days she has been sending papers for divorce but not even a single paper has been sent back with a signature.
She knew that it was difficult,
but not impossible to get separated from that family .

Soon her father's PA and his assistant has entered the cabin and informed Lakshmi that the lawyer has urged them to get it done as fast as possible.
Because Arjun's family had already targeted the lawyer's family.
" say him to not to worry,
And he will get protection from them" Lakshmi said to her PA and he nodded decisively .

After signing a few documents , she went towards the locker and took out another set of divorce papers and left the office with the PA's assistant after handing over the work to the PA.

" sir, madam's car is approaching towards the mansion. " vardhan said and his boss hummed as he cut the line.

Arjun sat quietly in his study as he exhaled smoke through his nostrils. He threw it in a tray which had the divorce papers that lakshmi had been sending to him since past few days.
Little by little, papers started burning due to cigarette .

The weather was hot as humid breeze blew by.....
As soon as Lakshmi stepped inside the mansion, she saw Anita with Nandini Devi and saraswathi as they were chatting in the hall with butler placing a tray full of refreshments.

Saraswathi moved back into the couch and turned back to sit comfortably but saw Lakshmi standing near the entrance.

" Lakshmi " she called out softly as she stood up. Anita and Nandini Devi also noticed Lakshmi and called her to come near them as saraswathi lead her towards the sofa.

They started talking to her sweetly and also asked her about her family's condition. Nandini Devi was the only one who silently observed her little grand daughter in law's reaction.

Though she was disappointed with the lack of response from Lakshmi, but she was mentally analysing her behaviour. Though the girl in front of her is young, she could maintain a stern body language and doesn't need to open her mouth to make everyone beside her comfortable, even though she has been quite and cold since the time she entered.

Only an old lady like her with keen eyes can see how profound this young girl's character is....

On the second floor
The butler knocked on the door and informed Arjun about Lakshmi's arrival.

Arjun nodded as he chewed on mint gum and changed his shirt. He walked down the stairs slowly while he saw his wife sitting on the sofa. He didn't see his wife opening her mouth to speak out a word even until he descended down the stairs.
She only responded with a mild nod while sipping on tea.

As soon as Arjun reached the sofa, Lakshmi looked at him and she slowly stood up. She took out a set of papers from file and gave it to him.

" what is it? " Anita asked curiously while standing up. 'It looks like some sort of documents'.... She thought.

" divorce papers " Lakshmi said softly but the words were too cold as it chilled through the spine.

Though Anita was very happy to see this daughter in law of hers and talked too much out of happiness, but as soon as the reality downed on her her face hit rock bottom....
She sat down on the sofa quietly.
Saraswathi was too shocked to say anything...

" mummy!! " neelu screamed from upstairs as she sat on the railing and slide down. She jumped to the floor and then hugged Lakshmi . Lakshmi too patted on her back as she asked her daughter to sit on the sofa.