69

Lakshmi stood in front of the mirror in the washroom . She wiped water down her face with a towel .

She entered the kitchen and took a handful of dry fruits .
She popped them in her mouth as she walked into the kids room .
The kids were sprawled in their room , either reading or writing in their books / tabs .

" breakfast is ready" Lakshmi said and she continued popping dry fruits in her mouth as she went entered the hall room .

.In the kitchen.
Arjun flipped the dosa again and then folded it before placing the 40th one in the hotbox .
He took the hot box in one hand and a bowl of chutney in another hand while Ibbu held onto the plates and spoons in his both hands .

Lakshmi sat leisurely on the floor while leaning on to the pillar and all the kids sat around her while either talking or looking through their phones which were bought by their father .
" breakfast ready" Arjun said while placing the plates served with dosa and chutney .

After all the kids were served , Arjun placed a masala dosa for lakshmi in her plate and gave it to her . Lakshmi raised a brow at her husband before eating it .
Their only daughter with super dog's senses has already smelled out the masala dosa in her mother's plate .

" pops ! Where is my mawsala dosa ?" Neelu asked pointing her little finger at her father while placing her other hand on her waist with her glaring eyes . As if an injustice has happened with her .

" get yourself a husband and make him cook for you" Lakshmi said .
This was happening with Arjun since past 9 days .
Less of a father and more of a cook .

One could see his tanned skin while Lakshmi was faring better .
" papa but I'm your cute lil precious daughter" Neelu wanted to say more but was cut short by her mother .

" she hasn't gone for morning jog . Remove a dosa from her plate" Lakshmi instructed her husband and ofc Arjun wouldn't take away his lil daughter's food .

Red light buzzed around Neelu's head and she instantly hid her plate and ate quietly with a fear that her mum would surely make her father do it . She started chewing while planning how to pull her father to her side .

'One word from my mother and my father turns into a pug' Neelu mumbled while stuffing dosa into her mouth .

Lakshmi looked worriedly at her daughter before she reverted her eyes back into her plate.
She is the only one who is aware of her daughter's health....

In the study ~

" Mr.Mohan , get the files ready" Lakshmi said before disconnecting the call as she pushed the specs up the bridge of her nose while reading the documents.

After 2hours~

She looked outside the window from her study .

' Was life worth the struggle ?
What was she living for ? '

She asked herself and then went back to her table and continued reading the files on the table .

She looked at the newly constructed building sites and then asked her PA aka Mr.Mohan , to complete the legal procedures before going on with purchase .

After another 2 hours , she came out of the study room . She sat on the couch and Neelu swung her body into her mother's lap while inhaling her mother's jasmine scent .

" mumma , there is a small mountain behind house...
Shall we go and take a look ?" Neelu asked while raising her little head at her mom .

" what do you want to look there for?" Lakshmi asked while looking at her lil daughter's t-shirt with 'whatever' print on it .