chapter~50

Lakshmi woke up and looked around groggily....everything is blur...
She rubbed her eyes immediately and looked around in the big royal room...
She looked down to see herself under the white satin sheets...

She pushed them away and stood up while holding her head in pain....
She couldn't remember what happened....she tried to think but her head started pounding and she sat back on the bed.

The flashes of her screaming at him while he was hugging her children and she trying to pull away her children from him....and then her children stepped back from her....she seething Red...and before she could do something....she fell unconscious...

Lakshmi pressed her forehead and leaned back onto the bed post while closing her eyes... 
She took in a deep breath...
She can't still believe that her own children are now scared of her...

Her heart aches thinking that she was the one who worked day and night for their comforts and happiness.... but they threw it away as soon as that monster entered....
Their so called father...

Her ego and self respect has been burnt infront of her own eyes... She knows that it's not the fault of her children because they didn't know what their father was... But it irks her while realising that they stepped back from her and went towards their so called father...

Unkowningly tears ran down her cheeks......
She was feeling helpless loosing her children who were the only ones whom she cared....who were the only ones for whom she has been living...
She knew that they are still small...
But she can't rationalize with herself...

A painful sob left her mouth...thinking of her children...
She can't live with that monster and she doubts whether her children would come with her after seeing the 'real' her yesterday night....
She was scared of the outcome and sacred to face denial from her kids...

She controlled herself....
sitting silently, looking at her fingers while her mind was running marathons formulating her next step.

Her chain of thoughts were broken as soon as the door opened and the lady from previous day entered the room with a small smile on her face....

" I bought few sets of clothes for you to change in. " she said and before lakshmi could reply, she went inside the washroom and came out after a minute.

" I have arranged Luke warm water for you, take bath...
Do let me know if you need anything or even if you feel slight discomfort " she said and lakshmi groaned while thinking that her whole existance has become a discomfort and nuisance for her own self.

Saraswathi sat on a chair while looking at Lakshmi who had a blank face while going in to the washroom.
She couldn't even contempt that this young woman would raise a havoc as soon as she would wake up.... She knew that this is just a silence before storm.

Saraswathi was looking down at her hands and soon she heard the door openening. She looked up to see lakshmi standing in a towel and she stood up immediately to leave the room but stopped as soon as she heard lakshmi saying
" I need to talk to you " . She nodded and sat back while lakahmi looked at the clothes saraswathi bought for her.

Lakshmi was drapping her saree and saraswathi's eyes landed on the back of lakshmi from a mirror infront of her. She immediately turned her head away with widened eyes...

Lakshmi sat on the bed while facing saraswathi.
" I need to know about my children, since the moment I fainted" lakshmi demanded from saraswathi .

" um....they are with devarji" 
( younger brother in law) saraswathi said and looked at Lakshmi whose face turned pale and then blank....

" okay , thank you " Lakshmi said and saraswathi left after informing her to come down for lunch, while Lakshmi was drowning herself in a pool of emotions in her mind....
She hasn't expected even in her dreams that her own kids will mingle with the one who wasn't there since their birth....