Chapter 1: First Meeting

Rumi sat in a standard rolling office chair dressed in her hero outfit, her left foot tapping against the floor impatiently as the many office workers of the Hero Commission bustled about doing their various duties. She sat in a generic office building waiting area as generic looking people did their generic sounding routines.

God this was boring.

After the big battle with the Paranormal Liberation Front the pro-heroes (who had survived) were all informed by their agents that the Ministry of Defense was getting involved. Apparently the pyrrhic victory against Tomura Shigaraki and his followers somehow did not inspire a lot of confidence in the suits who had to deal with the nation's PR.

Rumi could give less of a fuck what a bunch of pencil-pushers thought. Honestly, whenever the suits tried to do the pro-heroes' job they always managed to screw it up. However it seemed that this was not one of the times where she could simply ignore the government goons and go back to actually helping people. After all, she was still getting used to her new bionic left arm.

Speaking of which, she really needed to find out why the fucking thing itched so much.

Rumi sighed grumpily and inspected her new chrome appendage as a way to stave off the boredom. Luckily science and medicine had come a long way, it was not like they were back in the day where the best prosthetic arm you could get barely moved. Now if someone lost an arm or a hand they could get it replaced with something almost as good as the real thing (if they had the money). Luckily, Rumi was never much of a big spender, so she had a decently sized chunk of cash saved up sitting in her bank account.

Rumi had been in rough shape after the big battle. Let's be honest, she had gotten in over her head, and as a result had gotten the beating of a lifetime.

But she had never given up. She was Miruko after all, the one woman wrecking crew and bringer of justice.

Once she had recovered from her injuries Rumi had immediately gone about ordering the best bionic arm money could buy. It had taken what felt like years for the thing to get made (Rumi was not the patient type), but eventually a team of specialists had connected the replacement limb and guaranteed it could keep up with her.

Covered in a layer of polished chrome, Rumi's bionic arm was made from some of the toughest materials available. Unlike most people who wanted the same level of dexterity as a human hand, Rumi simply wanted the thing to be able to take a beating. The trade off was that her hand was not as precise, but it's not like she was planning on learning to play the piano or anything like that.

Wiggling her metal fingers experimentally, Rumi was roused from her musings by the sound of someone politely clearing their throat. Looking up, Rumi saw the familiar face of her agent looking at her expectantly.

Rolling her eyes, Rumi grinned as she stood up and walked over to her agent.

Rumi's agent did not look like anything special, just a middle-aged woman in business attire and a permanent frown on her face. What made her special was the fact that she was one of the few people who could put up with Rumi's antics and attitude. At the start of her hero career Rumi must have made half a dozen prospective agents quit out of sheer exhaustion. However when Miss Sasaki had arrived she simply weathered the storm named Rumi Usagiyama and did her job without flaw.

A woman of few words, Miss Sasaki turned around and silently led Rumi through several bland hallways. Arriving at an office door exactly the same as the dozen they had already passed, Miss Sasaki opened it and gestured for Rumi to step inside.