Chapter 51: The Fall

"Walls have ears. Doors have eyes. Trees have voices. Beasts tell lies. Beware the rain. Beware the snow. Beware the man, you think you know."

-Catherine Fisher

----------------------------------------------------------

Rumi yawned quietly as she woke up and looked around her bedroom. The room looked like it was in rough shape, even more so than usual. Clothes were scattered around the room, furniture was knocked over, the bathroom counter was cracked, and a small trickle of water still flowed from the bathroom showerhead.

It had gotten that way after Rumi and Izuku had spent the entire night going at it like rabbits.

Immediately upon arriving back at the apartment after leaving the hospital, Izuku had lustfully attacked Rumi like a man possessed (a fact she had greatly enjoyed). Unlike previous sexual encounters, the night had been fueled by pure primal lust. There had been no pillow talk or caressing, just screams of pleasure and rough affection. For Rumi, it was like she had seen a side of Izuku that she never thought had existed. An aggressive and dominant man who knew what he wanted and did not stop until he was satisfied.

And Izuku had not been satisfied until the sun had started to peek over the horizon.

Laying in the large bed, Rumi grinned impishly as she stretched her sore muscles. If she was being honest, she could not remember the last time someone had been able to make her feel as thoroughly satisfied as Izuku had been able to.

Speaking of which, where was Izuku?

Looking around, Rumi frowned slightly when she saw no sign of Izuku. The man might have inhuman levels of athleticism, but he was still human. After everything they had done last night he should be passed out in bed next to her.

Getting up, Rumi put on some sweatpants and a nearby rumpled t-shirt and went to look for her boyfriend. Leaving the bedroom, Rumi's enhanced hearing picked up the telltale sound of metal clanging against metal emanating from the gym room. Shuffling over to the gym room, Rumi opened the door and was met with a sight that both aroused her and concerned her.

A shirtless Izuku lay on the weight bench sweating up a storm and grunting aggressively as he bench pressed a huge amount of weight. Looking closer, Rumi was shocked to see that the weight on the barbell in Izuku's hands was nearly double the amount the green-haired man normally could bench. Staring at her boyfriend in shock, a small part of Rumi's brain could not help but notice the large and fresh scar just under Izuku's navel where he had been stabbed by the harbinger. On top of all that, it was like Izuku's body had gone from perfect to downright godly. The man's muscle definition made it look like somebody had painted on his muscles, and his skin almost seemed to glow with a healthy aura.

Finishing his set, Izuku let the barbell fall onto the holding rack with a loud clang and stood up. Finally, he seemed to notice Rumi standing in the doorway staring at him.

"Morning beautiful." Izuku said with a warm smile as he grabbed a nearby towel. "Something on your mind?"

Shaking her head to clear it of the lustful ideas that had been forming, Rumi gave her boyfriend a concerned look. "Izuku, the doctors said you should be taking it easy. I don't think setting a new personal record on the bench press counts as taking it easy."

Chuckling in a way that sent an excited tingle down Rumi's spine, Izuku shrugged as he wiped himself off. "Sorry, I was just feeling restless. Do you want anything for breakfast?"

As much as Rumi wanted to enjoy some quality time with her lover, something was bugging her. Maybe she was just being paranoid, but ever since Izuku had woken up in the hospital it was like he was slowly becoming a different person. While she enjoyed seeing a different side of her soulmate, it was not the part of him she had fallen in love with.