Chapter 32: All I Need is You

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of the heart." —Jane Austen

--------------------------------------------------

Waking up from his deep sleep, Izuku smiled contentedly as he felt Rumi's warm skin pressed against him. They were still in Rumi's bed, under a thick blanket with clothes strewn around from the previous night. Hearing his muffled phone alarm, the green-haired man glanced over at the bedside table and chuckled as he saw a pillow laying on top of the beeping phone.

It was clear that Rumi had woken up before him but had decided to go back to sleep after dealing with the repetitive alarm.

Blushing slightly at the memories of the previous night, Izuku rolled onto his side so he could look at Rumi's angelic face.

The sunlight shining through the windows made Rumi's white hair glow, and her caramel skin seemed to radiate a healthy aura. Reaching out, Izuku gently stroked Rumi's cheek as he marveled at how lucky he was. The many years of pain and hardship seemed to finally have been replaced by happy days, and Izuku was determined to keep it that way. He might not be a hero like his girlfriend, but he would fight to stay by her side regardless of what may come.

Mumbling in her sleep, Rumi instinctively rubbed her cheek against Izuku's calloused hand as a small grin formed on her face. It was a small act of love, but Izuku could not stop happy tears from forming in the corner of his eyes.

To him, she was perfect.

Gently pulling his naked lover against his chest, Izuku kissed the top of her head as he whispered into her ear.

"I love you so much Rumi."

Again there was another happy mumble from the still sleeping woman, but this time Izuku could actually hear a few words.

"...love you...zuku.." Rumi said in her sleep as she nuzzled her face against Izuku's bare chest.

Blinking away the happy tears, Izuku held Rumi close as he thought of the only other person who had ever loved him.

"I wish you were still here mom..." Izuku thought to himself. "I miss you so much, but I finally found someone who loves me for who I am. You would have liked Rumi."

Making a quick silent prayer to his mom, Izuku let his head rest against his pillow as he stroked Rumi's long hair. Closing his eyes, Izuku simply enjoyed the feeling of companionship and love as he let his girlfriend sleep in.

A few minutes later, Izuku's phone began to ring.

Seriously considering letting the call go to voicemail, Izuku let out an annoyed sigh before rolling over and dutifully retrieving his phone from under the thrown pillow.

"Midoriya here." He said sleepily.

Immediately Izuku was answered by a panicked sounding Miyu Tanaka.

"Midoriya I fucked up!" Bravo Two whispered frantically. "I don't know what to do and I need your advice right now!"

As his brain began to conjure nightmare scenarios that put his subordinate in danger, Izuku quickly got out of bed and began throwing on his clothes as he talked.

"Give me a sitrep Tanaka." He said as he searched for his belt. "Is anyone hurt? Do you need a strike team?"

There was a short pause before Miyu answered.

"Umm...no...not really.." She said surprisingly meekly.

Frowning in confusion, Izuku stopped juggling his phone while putting on his pants. "So there is no danger?"