Chapter 3: Unfair

Rumi leaned against her apartment door like the liaison was trying to break it down.

Why the fuck was he here on her day off?!

Also, how the fuck did he know where she lived?!

It's not like Rumi blatantly walked around with no concern about her privacy. She valued her solitude, unlike some other pro-heroes who could care less if people knew where they lived. Only the senior hotel staff knew who she was, and she paid good money to keep it that way.

So that left two options. Either someone blabbed, or the annoyingly cute liaison was some kind of stalker.

"How the fuck did you get up here?!" Rumi yelled through the door. "You need to know the code for the number thingy in the elevator!"

"Uh...I just showed the front desk clerk my badge." The green-haired man said in a tone of voice like he was talking about something extremely obvious. "I just wanted to talk I-"

"And how in the hell did you know where I live?!" Rumi exclaimed, cutting the liaison off mid-sentence."

It seemed the liaison finally realized what the situation looked like, as he stumbled over his words as he hurriedly tried to explain himself. "Oh I asked y-your agent! I c-can see how this looks k-kinda bad...but I s-swear I am not a stalker or anything!"

Rumi sighed in exasperation, her shoulders slumping slightly as the nervous energy left her.

It was unfair how goddamn cute that nervous stutter was.

"Well I am glad he is not a stalker..." Rumi thought to herself.

Realizing she was still leaning against the door, Rumi stood up and slightly opened the door enough so she could see through the gap.

The liaison (what was his name again?) was dressed in another government standard black suit and stood in the hallway holding a plain briefcase. Rumi could see the slight nervousness on his face as he idly tapped his fingers against the briefcase handle.

"Umm...sorry if I am disturbing you." He said apologetically. "I asked your agent what would be a good time to talk to you and she told me to try this morning."

Rumi grumbled in annoyance. Of course the old hag sent this guy on her day off. She had been looking forward to sleeping in for once!

"If this is a bad time I can come back later." The green-haired man offered.

Rumi narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she kept the door slightly ajar. "What did you wanna talk about?" She asked. "If you plan on pissing me off again I am not in the mood." She said grumpily.

The man sighed softly and shook his head. "No, I did not come to fight. I just wanted to discuss something with you. I have a piece of equipment that I think would benefit us both."

Rumi grumbled in irritation and chewed her lip as she debated with herself about what she should do. After almost a full minute of silence Rumi sighed in resignation and spoke to the government agent.

"Fine, we can talk. Just gimme a minute."

Not waiting for the man's response, Rumi closed the door and quickly walked back to her room.

"What the fuck am I doing?!" She whispered to herself angrily as she tore through her closet looking for a clean set of clothes.

For some reason her brain decided to make a split-second decision, and before she could stop herself Rumi found words coming out of her mouth on their own.