Chapter 17: Delusions of Grandeur

Rumi snarled as the piece of human shit named Oscar waved at Cassandra. There was no need for anyone to explain their relationship, Rumi knew the moment she saw Cassandra's terrified expression. Rumi had seen that look of terror many times before when she rescued someone from an abusive relationship. It was a look that described their situation better than a thousand words could.

Planting her feet, Rumi gave a silent apology to Izuku then launched herself at the grinning Oscar. Tackling the American to the ground, Rumi grabbed his shirt collar and roughly pulled him up so she could shout in his face.

"You worthless piece of shit!" She yelled. "You have two seconds to explain why you are here before you are choking on your own teeth!"

With a shit-eating grin plastered on his face, Oscar chuckled. "I am just helping my sister out is all. Some guy has been attacking her right? Well I already caught him, I left him tied up in the hotel basement. A little worse for wear, but he is alive."

His reptilian eyes narrowing, Oscar suddenly grabbed Rumi's wrists and slowly peeled her hands off his collar with surprising strength. "You better be careful bitch." He whispered so only Rumi could hear. "Next time you touch me I wont be so nice." He said as he licked his jagged teeth.

Before Rumi could do anything she found herself being pulled off of Oscar by a concerned Izuku.

"He isn't worth it Miruko." The green-haired man said. "He gets his kicks pissing people off, the best thing you can do is ignore him."

Her lip curling in disgust as Oscar sneered at her, Rumi just barely resisted the urge to walk over and stomp his face in. If Izuku had not been there to calm her down there definitely would have been blood spilled right then and there.

Slowly getting to his feet and dusting himself off, Oscar smiled at Izuku and glanced over at Cassandra who was being protected by an enraged Costan. "Good man Mido. Keep your attack rabbit on a nice short leash."

Rumi nearly launched herself at Oscar again, but her partner put himself between the two and held out a hand to keep Rumi back.

"Oscar you're lucky that I am not arresting you right now." Izuku said in a warning tone. "The only reason you are not in handcuffs is because I know you would never lie about your accomplishments."

Nodding sagely, Oscar gave Izuku a polite round of applause. "Always the level-headed one Mido." Oscar then tilted his head so he could fix his unnerving stare on the trembling Cassandra. "Now if you don't mind, I would like to have a word with my dear little sister."

Rumi was about to yell in outrage but was stopped when she saw the dark look that briefly appeared on Izuku's face.

It was the kind of look one had right before they murdered someone they hated.

But as soon as it had appeared the dark look vanished, and Izuku's face returned to it's standard expressionless mask.

"You know that there is no way in hell I am leaving you alone with her." Izuku stated coldly. "Anything you have to say to her you can say right here."

Oscar sighed in disappointment but shrugged uncaringly. "Have it your way Mido. Though I would prefer we have a little privacy." He then fixed his emotionless eyes on the two security guards who had been watching the scene unfold like two patrons at an opera house.

Realizing that Oscar was talking about them, the two guards stumbled over each other as they scurried away to the elevator.

"We're gonna go check the basement boss." The talkative guard said weakly right before the elevator doors closed.