Chapter 19: Life Lessons

Rumi could not help but laugh a little as Izuku once again wanted to verify that he was allowed to come with her to UA.

"So you are sure that the principal said that he wanted me to come along?" The green-haired man said suspiciously as he drove his car down the highway. "Rumi, I swear to god if this is another one of your annoying stunts I am going to block your number again."

Sitting in the passenger seat next to her partner, Rumi rolled her eyes as she waved away Izuku's suspicions. "Izuku I swear that I am telling the truth." She said placatingly. "Do you want me to pull up the email right now and show you so you can stop being so paranoid?"

Dressed in his standard black government suit, Izuku grumbled and focused on the traffic in front of him. "Fine. I just put a lot of preparation into this and I don't want to see it wasted."

Now it was Rumi's turn to be suspicious. Straightening up in her seat, the rabbit hero crossed her arms. "About that. Why the hell did you need the names of all the students who are gonna be there? I can guarantee that none of them are some sort of PLF sleeper agent waiting to try and kill you in the middle of the UA campus."

Smirking, Izuku gave Rumi a conspiratorial wink that made her heart flutter.

"Lets just say I want to be prepared for any situation." He said cryptically. "I looked up the UA curriculum and I have a hunch that this is gonna be more than just a simple lecture visit."

Forcing the blush off her cheeks, Rumi brushed a stray piece of lint off her hero outfit and huffed in annoyance. "Y'know Izuku you can be such a pain to work with. Yesterday you were making such a big deal talking shit about UA and pro-heroes, but now it seems like you are actually looking forward to this."

Taking an exit ramp that sloped down to a tree lined road, Izuku held up a finger like he was a professor about to disprove an argument. "I still stand by what I said. In my eyes, most pro-heroes nowadays are more concerned about power and ratings than actually helping people. If everything goes according to plan I will get a chance to knock those jackasses down a peg." He paused before speaking again like he had forgotten a trivial detail. "Oh yeah, and maybe teach some kids a thing or two."

Smacking her forehead with her non-bionic palm, Rumi groaned in annoyance. "See? This is exactly what I mean. You have such a big chip on your shoulder when it comes to quirks. Just please try not to get into a fight with a teacher or anything."

Chuckling, Izuku turned the car down a narrow road as the tall buildings of the UA campus poked out from behind the treeline. "That is something I never expected to hear. The notoriously hot-blooded Miruko telling me to behave myself."

Rumi was about to reply with a smartass comment, but she was interrupted as the car pulled to a stop outside an imposing metal security gate. A small intercom box was mounted on a pole and Izuku reached out and pressed the large green button on the front of the device. After a few silent seconds, there was a click and a gruff voice spoke.

"Miruko and her liaison. " A gruff voice stated. "Wait a few seconds while we scan you. Security and all that."

Izuku and Rumi waited in an awkward silence until there was the screech of scraping metal as the security gate slowly opened.

"Everything looks good." The male voice on the intercom said. "Drive down the road and take the second right. Park in the visitor parking lot and someone will meet you at the front desk."

A short drive later, Rumi stepped out of Izuku's sedan and yawned as her partner set the parking brake and got out as well. The parking lot was completely empty, Izuku's black sedan sticking out like a sore thumb as the two partners walked into the nearby administrative building. Walking through the automatic sliding glass doors with Izuku right behind her, Rumi immediately spotted their greeter.