Chapter 45: A Nice Night After All

"The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword."

-Dillion, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

-----------------------------------------------------

Standing in the passenger hold of the large transport helicopter, Izuku had to force himself not to smile as the group of teens all chattered excitedly to each other. For many of them it was their first time flying in a helicopter, and Izuku was secretly glad he was able to help them make some fun memories.

After all, he couldn't just traumatize them every time he met them.

As the Ministry of Defense helicopter flew through the night sky, Izuku turned to speak to Uraraka. "And you are sure your school is okay with us flying in an international music star to hang out in your dorm?"

Uraraka smiled happily and nodded. "I did like you said and called Aizawa-Sensei, and he said the principal was fine with it. They were going to pick us up anyways when they heard about the concert attack."

At first, Izuku had suggested bringing everyone to an old karaoke bar he knew of. But surprisingly, the small teen named Mineta had suggested the good idea of bringing Cassandra and company back to the UA dorm instead. Honestly, it was not a bad plan. However, when nobody was looking Mineta had smiled in such a sinister and perverted way that Izuku almost reflexively punted him out of the building. So as they made their way to the UA campus, Izuku made sure to keep an eye on Mineta the entire time.

Feeling the helicopter begin to descend, Izuku looked out one of the small windows and watched as the brightly lit UA campus steadily got closer. With a soft thump, the helicopter landed on one of the spacious lawns around class 1-A's dorm building and opened its cargo ramp.

As everyone disembarked, Izuku briefly poked his head into the helicopter cockpit and gave the two pilots an appreciative nod. "Thanks for flying tonight guys, I know this is not exactly what you might have had in mind when you were called out to fly. We should only be here for an hour or two. After this is all over I will buy you both a case of beer."

The senior pilot sporting a small goatee smiled and nodded his thanks. "Hey, getting to fly around a bunch of famous people is not the worst gig in the world. I think we can survive a few hours of nap time."

Chuckling at the pilot's carefree attitude, Izuku patted both pilots on the shoulder before exiting the helicopter.

Striding over to the front entrance of the dorm where Rumi was waiting, Izuku curiously looked around as he stepped inside. "Damn, these kids are living better than most middle class families."

Rumi shrugged uncaringly as she followed Izuku towards the sound of excited talking. "It is UA after all, a place this famous can afford to pimp out every building if they want to."

Stepping into the common room, Izuku watched as the students of class 1-A rushed around rearranging furniture and fetching supplies. As the many chairs and sofas were rearranged into a half circle, a few of the students appeared with high-quality musical equipment in hand.

Rumi arched an eyebrow curiously as she spoke loudly. "Where the hell did these twerps get gear like that?"

Immediately popping up from behind a couch, the pink girl named Ashido gestured proudly to a blushing Jirou who awkwardly looked at the floor. "Jirou's mom and dad are both musicians! Good ones too! Jirou is amazing at anything musical!"

Clearly not enjoying the attention from Izuku, Rumi, Cassandra, and Miyu, Jirou frowned and waved away Ashido's assertions.

"It's just a hobby." The purple-haired girl said stiffly. "I am not as good as she says, I just dabble from time to time."