Chapter 5: Down and Out

Izuku rolled over on whatever he was laying on and groaned as he slowly woke up.

Goddamn, that was one hell of a hangover.

Keeping his eyes closed, Izuku took several minutes to gather the strength. His memories of the previous night were pretty foggy, but he could recall bits and pieces in between the painful pulses in his brain. He had gone out and gotten drunk as planned...then what?

Furrowing his brow in concentration, Izuku did his best to remember what had happened after he had left the bar.

There were brief moments of clarity and the hungover Izuku pieced together that someone had tried to mug him. Blindly patting his pockets, he confirmed that his wallet had gone absent without leave. But what happened after that?

The last bit was hazy, but Izuku knew it involved Miruko somehow.

Either way he was not in a good mood.

Rolling over and extending his arm towards his nightstand drawer, the green-haired man let out a surprised yelp as he encountered nothing but empty air and fell onto the hard floor.

Groaning in pain, Izuku cracked open an eye to see how he had managed to fall out of bed. However, instead of being met with the sight of his cramped apartment, all he could see were the metal legs of a couch and fake wood floor.

Quickly sitting up, Izuku ignored the pounding in his skull and took in his surroundings.

Apparently he had fallen from the single couch in the spacious room. There was also a nice kitchen area off to the side and a large high-tech TV on the wall in front of the couch. Besides a few closed doors, the thing that surprised Izuku the most was the wall of crystal clear windows providing a scenic view of the city.

Why did everything look so familiar?

Slowly standing up, Izuku curiously looked around as he wondered how he ended up in such an expensive penthouse.

Hearing a door open, Izuku turned around and felt his stomach drop as he finally realized just where he was.

"Well you look like shit." Miruko snickered as she walked over to the kitchen.

The rabbit hero was wearing a pair of nylon workout shorts and a simple white tank top as she wiped a drop of sweat from her forehead and began rummaging around in the large refrigerator.

For once Izuku was at a loss for words.

A veritable tidal wave of various emotions ran through his head as he tried to get his dry mouth to work.

Goddamn hangover!

The entire time he was standing like a slack-jawed simpleton, Izuku's eyes had been locked onto Miruko.

It was finally dawning on him just how beautiful she was.

Her long snow white hair framed a gorgeous face that most models would kill to have, and her rabbit ears oddly complemented her features. Miruko's tanned skin almost seemed to glow in the morning sunlight filtering through the penthouse windows, and Izuku felt a blush rising in his cheeks as he tried to ignore just how perky the woman's body was. Miruko's sculpted legs only added to her visual appeal, and Izuku almost slapped himself when he realized he was contemplating what her thighs felt like.

The thing that stood out most to Izuku was Miruko's metal arm. The chrome appendage was a stark contrast to the tanned skin that surrounded it, and Izuku wondered if she had purposefully wanted it that way.

Biting the inside of his cheek to force his brain away from the distracting thoughts, Izuku looked away just as Miruko closed the refrigerator door and turned around with a bag of baby carrots in hand.