Chapter 9: Misery Loves Company

Izuku yawned as he sat at his desk, staring at his laptop screen while his fingers tapped away at the keyboard. He was tired, but it was a good kind of tired. The kind of tired that one doesn't regret because the missed sleep had been replaced with good memories.

True to his word, Izuku had invited all of Bravo team out for celebratory drinks after the mandatory mission debriefing. Returning to the small pub he had previously discovered on his journey to get shitfaced, Izuku had made much better memories of the establishment celebrating the success of the raid.

After two hours of drinking and celebrating, everyone had decided to go home. Izuku had been the last one to leave the bar, insisting on paying the bill like a good commanding officer.

At least he thought he had been the last to leave.

Exiting the pub, Izuku had been surprised to find Bravo Two waiting for him. It had been clear that the shark-toothed woman was a little tipsy. Her cheeks were a rosy red and there was the slightest hint word slurring as she talked.

On the walk to the train station it had been abundantly clear what Miyu's (Bravo Two) intentions were. On the train platform she had offered for Izuku to come to her apartment for a little celebration of their own.

If Izuku was being honest he had been tempted to accept the offer, but they worked in the same department, and decisions made in the heat of the moment often had lasting consequences.

Politely turning Miyu down, Izuku had made sure she got on the right train before heading back to his apartment for some well deserved rest.

Now in his office, Izuku was faced with a mountain of paperwork. Being one of the strike team leaders, it was his responsibility to fill out all the required after-action paperwork that came with any large operation.

Suppressing another yawn, Izuku hit the enter key and watched as his screen was filled with yet another blank form.

Twenty-two down, thirty-six more to go.

Right as he was about to start typing, Izuku was interrupted by his office door opening to reveal the one person in the entire department that always managed to get under his skin.

"Yo Mido." Oscar said cheerily as he stepped into Izuku's office. "Man if I had known about all this stupid paperwork I would have never let the boss make me one of the strike leaders. I feel like my brain is going to ooze out my ears."

Rolling his eyes, Izuku tried to focus on the digital form in front of him. "So your first idea was to procrastinate and come bother me?" He said with weary annoyance.

"Yup." Oscar said honestly as he leaned against the wall. "I mean you are my buddy after all. What, I can't come and commiserate about this dumb paperwork with my comrade-in-arms?"

Gritting his teeth, Izuku looked up from his screen to glare at the grinning American. "Oscar I don't understand why you keep bothering me. Have I not made it clear enough that I do not like you?" Looking back at his screen, Izuku tried to get back to filling out paperwork. "In fact any professional respect I had for you was lost when I saw what you did to your team."

Unfazed, Oscar walked over to one of the two chairs in front of Izuku's desk and plopped down into it. "Hey if you have a problem with my training take it up with the cranky bastard in charge. I was just following orders like a good little soldier. Or wait, I guess the correct term would be agent?" He said absentmindedly. "In any case, I keep bothering you because I respect you Mido. I mean it's not everyday you see a quirkless person running counter-terrorism ops." He said in an offhand manner.