Chapter 43: Making Plans

Rumi frowned slightly as she glanced over at Izuku. Earlier that morning she had woken up to find her boyfriend working on paperwork by himself. She had tried to entice Izuku back to bed, but the green-haired man had politely declined while saying something about overdue paperwork.

Currently, Izuku was driving Rumi and Uraraka to a nearby convention center. Cassandra was doing a meet and greet, and had asked if Rumi and Izuku could provide some extra security. It was clear that the American singer was still worried that her mentally unstable brother might show up, and honestly Rumi did not blame her.

Rumi's gut was telling her something was bothering her boyfriend, but no matter how much she had asked he had refused to tell her. Izuku's unwillingness to discuss the problem had practically confirmed that something was wrong, and Rumi was determined to figure out what it was and then fix it. Rumi had hoped that Izuku had gotten over his bad habit of hiding his problems, but it seemed that the man still had some demons left inside him.

Suddenly, Uraraka's inquisitive voice broke Rumi out of her brooding.

"So, where are we going?" The teenager asked curiously. "You guys didn't say much, and I was just wondering if I needed to be prepared for anything unexpected."

Izuku was quick to answer. "We are going to provide some extra security for a VIP. They have been targeted by the PLF in the past, and any event with large crowds always warrants some extra security. Just follow my lead when we get there, this will be a good learning opportunity."

Uraraka nodded and returned to staring out the car window at the passing scenery, seemingly satisfied with Izuku's answer.

A few minutes later, Izuku pulled the car up to the rear entrance of a massive convention center. A standard security checkpoint guarded the entrance, and Izuku immediately pulled the car to a stop and rolled down his window.

A stocky security guard with reptile-like scales on his arms stuck his head out the checkpoint window and inspected Izuku's sedan.

"Visitor parking is out front." The security guard grunted. "Back here is for employees only."

Holding out his ID card, Izuku leaned back so the guard could clearly see Rumi. "I know, we are here to provide some extra security for Thelxie."

The guard's eyebrows lifted in surprise and quickly changed his tone to something more respectful. "Sorry about that boss, just doin my job." The guard then pushed a button on his desk which raised the thick security gate blocking the entrance. "Head on in and park anywhere ya like. I will let them know yall are coming."

Nodding his thanks, Izuku steered his car through the gate and into a crowded employee parking lot. Finding a parking spot, Izuku pulled the car to a stop and turned to look at Rumi.

"Miruko, please don't start any fights." The handsome agent said pointedly. "We don't need to cause a commotion. Just keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

Rumi rolled her eyes as she heard Uraraka giggle softly. "Yeah sure, whatever you say Midoriya. You make it sound like I am gonna punch the first person I come across."

As everyone got out of the car, Izuku simply stayed quiet and gestured for his two partners to follow him inside.

Passing through another security checkpoint, Rumi followed Izuku through several service hallways until they walked out into the main convention hall. A massive crowd stretched out in front of them, people milling about as they visited vendors and different stalls. A long line seemed to be the center of attention, hundreds of people standing patiently as security guards maintained order.