Chapter 44: Showtime

"It is only necessary to make war with five things; / with the maladies of the body / the ignorances of the mind / with the passions of the body / with the seditions of the city / and the discords of families."

- Pythagoras

-----------------------------------------------------------

Izuku looked over at the disguised Rumi as the two of them got out of the car. Dressed in a nice polo shirt and slacks, Izuku could not help but admire Rumi's outfit one more time. The rabbit hero was dressed in a sky blue blouse and faux leather pants that accentuated her long legs while her black hair was tied into a stylish ponytail.

True to her word, Cassandra had set the two lovers up with their own private box seats. Apparently the students from UA were going to be down in the front row. Izuku was more than happy to let the teens experience the concert up close while he enjoyed some quality time with his girlfriend.

Having parked in the VIP section of the stadium parking lot, Izuku and Rumi only had to take a short walk up to the main entrance. Mingling with the massive crowd slowly pushing its way through the security checkpoint, Izuku took Rumi by the hand and led her off to the side where one of Cassandra's personal assistants was waiting.

Walking up to the gangly woman wearing a headset and radio, Izuku nodded politely as he spoke. "Hello, I am Izuku Midoriya. Are you the one we should be talking to about the private seats?"

Immediately perking up, the assistant put on a bright smile. "You are correct Mr. Midoriya! Please follow me, since you are a VIP you don't have to worry about going through the security checkpoint with everyone else." The woman then opened a nearby inconspicuous door and gestured for Izuku and Rumi to follow her inside.

Leading the two partners through several service hallways full of employees, technicians, and performers, the assistant eventually arrived at a bank of elevators. Quickly taking one of the elevators up to the third floor, the assistant then led Izuku and Rumi down a red-carpeted hallway until they arrived at a single door with the number 303 inscribed on it.

"Your private box seats are right through the door." The assistant said cheerily. "If you need any refreshments, there is a touch screen on the wall where you can order anything you like. Anything you order will be brought directly to your box by one of our employees. Since you are personal guests of Miss Thelxie, everything you order is on the house. Enjoy the show!"

As the assistant zoomed off to attend to other business, Izuku opened the metal door and stepped inside the viewing box. Looking around, the green-haired agent could not help but let out an impressed whistle. The glass walls of the box seats looked out directly over the main stadium floor, and several plush couches and chairs were arranged so that even a full group would be able to see everything. It also seemed that the main viewing window featured smart glass technology, as colorful blinking icons designated different functions like closed captioning, glass darkening, or web browsing.

"Wow!" Rumi said softly as she looked around. "This is incredible! I have never really done something like this before, but now I can see why some people would pay good money for stuff like this."

Closing the door behind him, Izuku walked over to one of the couches and sat down with a contented sigh. "Well we will just have to make sure to thank Cassandra later. She didn't have to pull out all the stops for us."

Immediately sitting down next to Izuku and cuddling up to him, Rumi's face slowly morphed into a mischievous grin.

"I wonder how visible we are up here." The rabbit woman said teasingly. "I bet if we darkened the windows nobody would be able to see us at all. Plus it is not like anyone will interrupt us."