Chapter 28: Clandestine Meeting

Izuku slowly opened his eyes and smiled slightly when he remembered where he was. It was another picture perfect morning, the sun was shining, birds were chirping, and Rumi was snoring softly against his chest. Looking down at the tanned woman who was clinging to him like a body pillow, Izuku could not help but reach down and lightly stroke one of her rabbit ears.

Unexpectedly, Rumi let out a very feminine moan then promptly went back to snoring.

Well that was certainly an interesting reaction.

Filing the new information away for later, Izuku sighed happily and ran a hand through Rumi's long white hair as he contemplated what the future had in store.

Things were definitely going to be different, that was for sure.

In a way, Izuku felt like a rebellious teenager going against the wishes of his parents. His common sense was telling him not to get romantically involved with someone he worked with, but his heart did not care in the slightest. If the public or his department found out about his secret relationship there would be hell to pay, but for now Izuku was determined to squeeze as much enjoyment as he could out of his current situation.

Izuku was roused from his musing by the sound of a soft yawn and the feeling of Rumi's head shift against his skin.

"Mornin Izuku" Rumi said drowsily. "Can we take another day off? I don't wanna get up."

Izuku chuckled as he extricated himself from his girlfriend's grip. "Sorry Rumi. As much as I would enjoy taking another day off, our jobs need our attention."

Grumbling as she slowly sat up, Rumi yawned as she stretched her arms. "Yeah I know. I was just having a really good dream about you and now I am sad it is over."

It had been a few days since the start of Izuku's relationship with Rumi, and the future seemed bright. Unlike the first night, Izuku was now shirtless and wearing a simple pair of pajama bottoms. Rumi on the other hand was wearing a loose t-shirt and some nylon shorts.

So far the farthest the two of them had gotten was cuddling and kissing. While Izuku could tell his new girlfriend was more than ready to dive into the deep end of physical affection, he was still nervous about taking the next step.

It did not matter how good Izuku looked, the trauma of his childhood still haunted him and made him freeze up whenever Rumi got handsy. He wanted to fulfill his girlfriend's expectations, but deep down a dark part of him was waiting to get rejected and hurt like countless times before.

Shaking the dark thoughts from his head, Izuku walked over to his bag and retrieved his work suit. "Well you can tell me about it later. I need to go to the office today so it looks like you will be working solo. What do you want for dinner?"

Stepping into the spacious bathroom, Izuku listened to his girlfriend talk as he changed.

"Something spicy." Rumi said loudly. "Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Maybe some curry?"

Making a mental shopping list, Izuku quickly shaved his face and adjusted his tie before walking out. "Sounds good to me. I can pick up the ingredients on the way back from work. Do you want anything else?"

Getting up from the bed, Rumi walked over to Izuku and pressed herself against his chest with a flirty grin on her face. "Just the curry is fine. Aren't you forgetting something before you leave?"

Smirking knowingly, Izuku made a show of scratching his head in confusion. "Huh, I thought I had everything? Phone, wallet, keys...yeah I think that is everything."

Pouting cutely, Rumi gently grabbed Izuku's black tie. "Don't make me beg you ass."

Giving in, Izuku lowered his face closer to Rumi's. "Sorry, you are just really cute when you pout."