Chapter 35: Game Over

Rumi could not help but snicker in amusement as the students began to act like they had just encountered a demon of the battlefield.

Jirou seemed to be frozen in shock, Kaminari appeared to have fainted standing up, and Mineta had run away screaming in terror. While most of the students seemed to be very intimidated, a few immediately stepped to the front to protect their friends. Out of the four students that stepped forward, two of them were familiar faces. The red-haired boy named Kirishima and the tall boy with glasses named Iida. The other two were definitely more unique looking, one had the head of some kind of black bird, and the other was tall enough to rival Izuku while also having multiple arms.

Holding up his hands to calm the students, Izuku spoke slowly so as not to scare anyone. "Everyone just calm down, I am not here to antagonize any of you. This whole thing is just one big coincidence. I am simply here on a date with my girlfriend."

Even though she was in disguise, Rumi still felt an excited tingle run down her spine as Izuku publicly announced that she was his girlfriend.

From the looks on the kids' faces, most of them were not fully convinced by Izuku's explanation.

"How can we be sure this is not some kind of weird test of yours?" The pink girl named Ashido said accusingly. "Last time we saw you, you put almost all of us in the infirmary! Even Eraserhead seemed to be wary of you!"

Rumi glanced back at her boyfriend and did her best not to laugh out loud at Ashido's words.

"Did you not read the letters I sent to you?" Izuku replied bluntly. "It was all a test, practice for the real thing. I have no intention of harassing any of you."

Stepping forward with shaking knees, Uraraka avoided meeting Izuku's gaze as she spoke. "S-so...you really did not mean any of that...stuff you said to me?"

Seemingly insulted by the mere suggestion that he would purposefully verbally attack a teenager, Izuku let go of Rumi's hand and crossed his arms. "Of course not! I was trying to make you overcome your biggest weaknesses. What I told you all about my past is true, I would never bully someone like I was when I was a kid."

There was a ripple of confused murmurs from the group at the sudden revelation. Then Rumi's enhanced hearing picked up a snippet of conversation between a frog-like girl and Ashido.

"You never mentioned that he was bullied as a kid." The girl said in a slightly confused tone.

"W-well..." Ashido stuttered out embarrassedly. "I kinda...forgot about that stuff. In my defense I was still a little dazed from getting shot in the head!"

Rolling his eyes, Izuku turned to leave. "It seems you all still have a lot of growing up to do. Now if you will excuse me, I want to enjoy some time with my girlfriend."

A mischievous idea forming in her head, Rumi grabbed Izuku's hand to prevent him from leaving. "Wait, is that girl the one who beat you? The one who punched you in the balls? That is fucking hilarious!"

Uraraka immediately blushed bright red as the rest of the students laughed in amusement.

Turning around and fixing Rumi with an annoyed stare, Izuku let out a heavy sigh. "To clarify, I let her beat me. She was the only one who took me by surprise and I decided not to drag the fight out any longer than it needed to be."

Seemingly broken out of her shocked silence, Jirou spoke up and asked Rumi a question. "Did he tell you about his visit to our school with Miruko?"

Glad that her disguise was effective enough to fool a crowd of people, Rumi nodded vigorously as she teasingly poked Izuku's arm. "He told me all about it. He doesn't like to admit it, but he had a lot of fun sparring with you guys. He acts like a hardass with people he wants to help."