XIV. School

School is a mixed bag of experience for many of us. We groan at the thought of sitting through class all day, homework and meeting these unlikable people again. The good side is that we get to see our friends again and meet new faces. You get to receive an allowance each week. You also learn new things at school.
Now, here is something we need to know. Remember why our minds tend to drift off and feel lazy most of the time? The experts say that classes starting at 7:30 a.m. leaves the students deprived of sleep. Here is the breakdown:

You wake up at 5 a.m. You spend at least ten boring hours in class, talk to people all day, have an hour of lunch break, rush to attend extracurricular activities after class (if any) and return home to study for eight hours until you fall asleep at 11 p.m. To our jaded senior high school/college students, you could sacrifice sleep to work on your thesis.

Imagine going through this repetitive cycle every day. It doesn't help that the lecturer reads through the slides in a monotone language and expects the entire class to already know the lesson in one click.
How do you think school is gonna be like if we didn't have these early morning classes? The teachers allow us to learn at our own pace and spontaneous creativity is highly encouraged.
Do you think students would become real professionals if they just had subjects which can be applied in the real world? Seriously, how do you think P.E. class is gonna help you become an architect, anyway?
Most of the time, these schools expect us to learn fast like our peers. There is this unhealthy thought that your grades determine one's success. Learning is supposed to be fun!

School doesn't always have to be a drab. I want you guys to know that just because you didn't get a high score, it doesn't make you a failure.
Not able to learn at the same pace as everyone else doesn't mean you aren't good enough; it's simply because you learn a lot better as you stumble along the way.
To those thinking about dropping out on your final school year, always remind yourself what pushed you to get this far.