XVIII. Dishonesty

Don't lie, we have all been guilty of being dishonest at some point.
Some of you may have pretended to be happy for an individual who won a chess game but know he neither deserved it (because he actually cheated).
There might be a time you lied about having a job during a family reunion in order to save face. The worst part is being accused for something you didn't do at all.
We all have our own reasons to be dishonest. The truth can be hard to accept but it's the right thing to do. In time, people are going to see right through those cracks.

People cheat their way to victory is because they aren't willing to go through the process of hardwork. We pretend to be nice so we don't hurt each other's feelings. There are also instances of blaming others as they're unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions.
Another factor behind the dishonest approach stems from one's past. When you've been lied to all the time, it's hard to trust someone. You start to believe that lying can grant you what you want. You want to appear superior. To be honest, your circumstances shouldn't justify this act.
If the world is willing to accept being genuine, we can easily speak our minds and learn about one another in a much better way.
We can't always be right and have everything we want. Whether you lie about yourself or others, it still won't do you good anyway. Try to be honest with yourselves.